Hobbies and interests - members lists

I just thought I'd start a topic about what interests and hobbies we have.  Here's some of mine...

• Tabletop roleplaying games, especially "Doctor Who" (the FASA, Virgin, and Cubicle 7 ones), "Serenity", "Victoriana" and "GURPS".
  • Re-enactment and LARP events.
  • Collecting Doctor Who inspired LARP props.
  • Collecting replica historical coins.
  • Collecting fake pound coins.
  • Video games; mainly, Fallout 3 and GTA at present.
  • Voluntary work; for 15 years, I have been volunteering for a local nature conservation charity.
  • Reading; mainly non-fiction (although I do like Dr Who short story books and collections) such as the Victorian era/1800s, the UK home front during WW2, UK home defence during the Cold War, NBC warfare, special forces, Special Operations Executive, the Goth subculture, amongst others. 
  • Drawing (when I have the patience).
  • TV programmes such as Doctor Who (been a fan since the 1980s), Firefly, Torchwood, Time Team, QI, Have I Got News For You, etc. 
  • Music - Carl McCoy/Fields of the Nephilim/Nefilim, Last Rites, The Eden House, Katie Melua, Midnight Oil, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, etc.
  • All things Goth and the Goth subculture.

Parents
  • "Hello, Hope!

I'm very happy you find my english good. I thank you ! But I must make progress.

About "Jude The Obscure", I find it very sad too, and even sader than "Tess" and yet "Tess" is sad enough ! Beetween the two novels, I preferred the latter and I've seen Roman Polanski's picture. Have you observed that men are often guilty in Hardy's novels while women aren't ? I find so very interresting, because, in my eyes, women are very often more intelligent than men. And yet I take a great interest in the women condition. Hardy takes up with it in his novels thougs he was a man.

About Dickens, I read "David Copperfield" : it was a great experience ! I've also seen a film  from this novel, an old picture with W. C. Fields and Freddy Bartholomew. It seems that there's a more modern version with Daniel Radcliffe. "David Copperfield" is Dickens' s most autobigorafic novel of the author. His father was in debt and encarcereted in La Fleet. Mrs Dickens accompanied his husband with their children. But the young Charles staid out and had to work in a shoe-polish fatory. Of course, in the novel, the caracter of Mr Micawber is more comic but behind the fun and the jokes, the reader can feel Charles Dickens' s emotion.  However, for me,  the most terrible personnage in the novel s Uriah Heep ! Disgusting ! Revolting ! Berk ! ! Among my favorinte characters, I'll put Peggotty, Oncle ***, Aunt Betsey Trotwood, and David of course !

About Jane Austen and her works, I read"Emma" and "Sense and Sensibility". I've seen also the films. About "Sense et Sensibility", I saw also "Cap on Boollywood", where the history takes place today, in India. Have you seen it?

I enjoye drawing, reading, walking, visiting museums and towns, travelling, particulary by train and by air. I took first the plane in December twenty-nine. I was 23 years old for going to Strasbourg in east of France! I love the plane!

Is Chichester a town or a village ? Is it near Manchester ?. How long is Chichester from London? Are there a station and an airport in Chiichester?

I was diagnosed with autism only last year in Paris. Many years ago, I was diagnosed "Psychose Infantile", but that didn't mean nothing ! In France, for many years, the medical group did'nt accept autism is a real trouble of the personnality. They called this "psychose infantile / approximatively "childish psycho". Today, autism is accepted as a fact. But France remains very late in this domain. The doctor, who's diagnosed me, told me that they had been talking about autism in France for only ten years!

And you, when were you diagnosed with autism ?

So long, Hope and thanks for answering me !

Camille93.

PS : I've a sister (15 years old but she's not an autist) and a brother (13 years old : he's an autist and unfortunately, he speaks very little.)"

• "Hello, Hope!

I'm very happy you find my english good. I thank you ! But I must make progress.

About "Jude The Obscure", I find it very sad too, and even sader than "Tess" and yet "Tess" is sad enough ! Beetween the two novels, I preferred the latter and I've seen Roman Polanski's picture. Have you observed that men are often guilty in Hardy's novels while women aren't ? I find so very interresting, because, in my eyes, women are very often more intelligent than men. And yet I take a great interest in the women condition. Hardy takes up with it in his novels thougs he was a man.

About Dickens, I read "David Copperfield" : it was a great experience ! I've also seen a film  from this novel, an old picture with W. C. Fields and Freddy Bartholomew. It seems that there's a more modern version with Daniel Radcliffe. "David Copperfield" is Dickens' s most autobigorafic novel of the author. His father was in debt and encarcereted in La Fleet. Mrs Dickens accompanied his husband with their children. But the young Charles staid out and had to work in a shoe-polish fatory. Of course, in the novel, the caracter of Mr Micawber is more comic but behind the fun and the jokes, the reader can feel Charles Dickens' s emotion.  However, for me,  the most terrible personnage in the novel s Uriah Heep ! Disgusting ! Revolting ! Berk ! ! Among my favorinte characters, I'll put Peggotty, Oncle ***, Aunt Betsey Trotwood, and David of course !

About Jane Austen and her works, I read"Emma" and "Sense and Sensibility". I've seen also the films. About "Sense et Sensibility", I saw also "Cap on Boollywood", where the history takes place today, in India. Have you seen it?

I enjoye drawing, reading, walking, visiting museums and towns, travelling, particulary by train and by air. I took first the plane in December twenty-nine. I was 23 years old for going to Strasbourg in east of France! I love the plane!

Is Chichester a town or a village ? Is it near Manchester ?. How long is Chichester from London? Are there a station and an airport in Chiichester?

I was diagnosed with autism only last year in Paris. Many years ago, I was diagnosed "Psychose Infantile", but that didn't mean nothing ! In France, for many years, the medical group did'nt accept autism is a real trouble of the personnality. They called this "psychose infantile / approximatively "childish psycho". Today, autism is accepted as a fact. But France remains very late in this domain. The doctor, who's diagnosed me, told me that they had been talking about autism in France for only ten years!

And you, when were you diagnosed with autism ?

So long, Hope and thanks for answering me !

Camille93.

PS : I've a sister (15 years old but she's not an autist) and a brother (13 years old : he's an autist and unfortunately, he speaks very little.)"

Children
No Data