Hobbies and interests - members lists

I just thought I'd start a topic about what interests and hobbies we have.  Here's some of mine...

• Tabletop roleplaying games, especially "Doctor Who" (the FASA, Virgin, and Cubicle 7 ones), "Serenity", "Victoriana" and "GURPS".
  • Re-enactment and LARP events.
  • Collecting Doctor Who inspired LARP props.
  • Collecting replica historical coins.
  • Collecting fake pound coins.
  • Video games; mainly, Fallout 3 and GTA at present.
  • Voluntary work; for 15 years, I have been volunteering for a local nature conservation charity.
  • Reading; mainly non-fiction (although I do like Dr Who short story books and collections) such as the Victorian era/1800s, the UK home front during WW2, UK home defence during the Cold War, NBC warfare, special forces, Special Operations Executive, the Goth subculture, amongst others. 
  • Drawing (when I have the patience).
  • TV programmes such as Doctor Who (been a fan since the 1980s), Firefly, Torchwood, Time Team, QI, Have I Got News For You, etc. 
  • Music - Carl McCoy/Fields of the Nephilim/Nefilim, Last Rites, The Eden House, Katie Melua, Midnight Oil, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, etc.
  • All things Goth and the Goth subculture.

Parents
  • Good Afternoon Hope!

First of all, how do you do!

I thank you for your answer, I wanted to answer you earlier but my computer got a breakdown. Sorry.

I've never seen "Titanic", but I heard about that.

Some years ago, I was very fond of Ingrid Bergaman as actress. Then I read her autobiography and I realized her personnality was not so sympathic as I thought. Now, my favorite actresses are Katherine Hepburn and Marily Monroe.

As you too, I like Simone de Beauvoir, especially « La Femme Rompue » and « Mémoires d’une Jeune Fille Rangée. » Soon I’ll read « Le Deuxième Sexe. »  Beauvoir’s personnality is very interesting. Do you know the Beauvoir’s biography par Deirdre Bair ?

Among the novels, I love the saga of "Les Rougon-Macquart » by one of the greatest our writers, Emile Zola. I first read "Germinal" – the thirteen book of the saga - , then I took the saga by the beginning with « La Fortune des Rougon. » But for me, « L'Assommoir » is the most awfu.  Its reading made my flesh creep, you see : when I was reading it, I was afraid to go to bed because in this time, the lamp on my bedside table hadn’t a bulb.

In the meantime, I read "Tintin au Pays de l'Or Noir". Last May, I went to Bruxelles. Unfortunately I didn't have time for visiting the Tintin Museum, but I visited the Musesum of "Arts d'Adfrique", and since my visit in Belgium  I decided  to read "Les Aventures de Tintin". I love it ! I wonder if the Steven Spielberg’s picture is a good film.

Do you like "Wuthering Heights? Do you like Jane Austen? And Thomas Hardy and « Tess d’Urberville » ?

What about « Mister Bean » ? I love this serie and Rowan Atkinson.. And I like british atmosphere, thought I've never been to England, but I would like to visit the country. I love Harry Potter ! I read the seven novels and saw all the films.

Have you already come to France? Can you speack French? (Oh ! sorry because my own English is not very correct) What town of England do you live in ? Do you know London or its suburban?

You talk about babies and children. Have you sisters or brothers ? How old are you? Would you like having children later ?

I don't have children because I have problems of health for having one, but I like the children. When I see a baby outside, in the station or in the airport, I say it: "Good Morning, you!", "Good Afternoon, you!".

By contrast however, I never was obsessed with food, but I love to eat! My mother is surprised when she sees me to eat carrots, because she hates this vegetable, but I love it! Do you like to cook?

Sorry again for my English and so long.

camille93.

• Good Afternoon Hope!

First of all, how do you do!

I thank you for your answer, I wanted to answer you earlier but my computer got a breakdown. Sorry.

I've never seen "Titanic", but I heard about that.

Some years ago, I was very fond of Ingrid Bergaman as actress. Then I read her autobiography and I realized her personnality was not so sympathic as I thought. Now, my favorite actresses are Katherine Hepburn and Marily Monroe.

As you too, I like Simone de Beauvoir, especially « La Femme Rompue » and « Mémoires d’une Jeune Fille Rangée. » Soon I’ll read « Le Deuxième Sexe. »  Beauvoir’s personnality is very interesting. Do you know the Beauvoir’s biography par Deirdre Bair ?

Among the novels, I love the saga of "Les Rougon-Macquart » by one of the greatest our writers, Emile Zola. I first read "Germinal" – the thirteen book of the saga - , then I took the saga by the beginning with « La Fortune des Rougon. » But for me, « L'Assommoir » is the most awfu.  Its reading made my flesh creep, you see : when I was reading it, I was afraid to go to bed because in this time, the lamp on my bedside table hadn’t a bulb.

In the meantime, I read "Tintin au Pays de l'Or Noir". Last May, I went to Bruxelles. Unfortunately I didn't have time for visiting the Tintin Museum, but I visited the Musesum of "Arts d'Adfrique", and since my visit in Belgium  I decided  to read "Les Aventures de Tintin". I love it ! I wonder if the Steven Spielberg’s picture is a good film.

Do you like "Wuthering Heights? Do you like Jane Austen? And Thomas Hardy and « Tess d’Urberville » ?

What about « Mister Bean » ? I love this serie and Rowan Atkinson.. And I like british atmosphere, thought I've never been to England, but I would like to visit the country. I love Harry Potter ! I read the seven novels and saw all the films.

Have you already come to France? Can you speack French? (Oh ! sorry because my own English is not very correct) What town of England do you live in ? Do you know London or its suburban?

You talk about babies and children. Have you sisters or brothers ? How old are you? Would you like having children later ?

I don't have children because I have problems of health for having one, but I like the children. When I see a baby outside, in the station or in the airport, I say it: "Good Morning, you!", "Good Afternoon, you!".

By contrast however, I never was obsessed with food, but I love to eat! My mother is surprised when she sees me to eat carrots, because she hates this vegetable, but I love it! Do you like to cook?

Sorry again for my English and so long.

camille93.

Children
No Data