Why I Think Autistic People Are Important To Society

Hello. I hope you find this interesting to read. Please feel free to leave any feedback.

Why I Think Autistic People Are Important To Society

I want to keep this short and simple, so here goes: Life at the moment is a little crazy. There are problems everywhere you look. It would probably take me years to go through them all, so I won’t bother. All I will say is that they can be eradicated with the help of autistic people. The reason: I TRULY believe that the majority of people on the autism spectrum possess the capabilities to aid non-autistic people with their problems.

Autistic people possess qualities that give them an advantage over non-autistic people in certain situations, the main ones being excellent long-term memories, strong problem-solving abilities, a natural determination to get things done, and the ability to think logically and innovatively. These traits have led to many autistic people experiencing large amounts of success in their lives. Albert Einstein was rumoured to be autistic, and look at how much he achieved! Because of these traits, many companies throughout the world employ autistic people (The Apple Corporation is said to have many members of staff with high-functioning autism/Asperger syndrome).

That is great news, but obviously more can be done. What about our national government and all the problems that exist in the UK? Surely autistic people can help to solve the key issues that exist in society and help create and more sustainable and fairer way of life for all people. It makes sense if you stop and think about it: autistic people have the ability to think things through in such a way that they don’t let situations get too out of control. It is for this reason alone why the attitudes in society need to change in order to accommodate these people more into daily life. When people start to think more positively about autism, there is no limit to what can be achieved!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Parents
  • I agree. I would welcome people being more open straight forward and honest..life would be so much easier.

Autistic people are grossly under rated in society, lack of understanding about people and their differences is the commonest cause of conflict through out the world.

We all need to be more tolerant and understanding, accept there are wide variations in how we perceive things and realise we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Oatie

• I agree. I would welcome people being more open straight forward and honest..life would be so much easier.

Autistic people are grossly under rated in society, lack of understanding about people and their differences is the commonest cause of conflict through out the world.

We all need to be more tolerant and understanding, accept there are wide variations in how we perceive things and realise we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Oatie

Children
No Data