Lets struggle ASD together! Join our crowdfunding science project.

Hello! I represent group of scientists from Moscow and Los Angeles, developing new neuropeptides supplement for childhood autism correction. We believe that natural approach could be really effective and with your help we are going to prove it!
Please follow our project's link (removed by mod) and if you like it, please share it on your fb page. Thank you!

Parents
  • I received this notification in my inbox, although it has disappeared off the thread:

If you have any ideas about how to develop new therapies for complex disorders of brain development, or autism (www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism), I beg you to share them with me. I would like to note that without preclinical trials, involving laboratory animals, you will be not allowed to test them in the clinic. Studies involving children without preliminary experiments are not allowed, are you agree with that?

As for me, we can't treat children with Haloperidol (or other drugs with serious side effects, you can read about them re: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3934669/),
    we need to find new approaches. We hope, that our peptides, witch have pronounced nootropic effect improving learning both with positive and negative reinforcement, are actively involved in the regulation of emotions and have antidepressant effect possess powerful neuroprotective effects could realy be
    effective without side effects. 

We are not a pharmaceutical company, all the structures of our peptides are published and you can read about them. Article that describes our model I showed you
    too. We are interested in scientific problem as ASD and we promise to tell everyone about our results. This ideology of Experiment croudfunding platform is to provide more open science. If you think that the issues of terminology is more important than the research in the field of new therapies, then I am afraid that I can not convince
    you. With all respect, prayer in some cases does not help. 

Thank you.

My response to OP is this.  Autism Speaks is an organisation that is quite controversial in the autism world, because they (like you) treat autism as a sickness to be cured.  Animal testing, if done to ensure safety so far as it can be ensured, is one thing.  Claiming a substance will have the same effect on a human as it did on an animal with different physiology is another.  Even between humans there will be different reactions to drugs.

In the UK, the Government advises that autism must not be "treated" with medication.  Of course if an autistic person has e.g. co-morbid anxiety or another condition which is treatable that is another thing.

I would always fly the flag for natural treatments over pharmaceutical where possible and research is always necessary.  But if you are claiming autism is a dangerous psychiatric condition, which is factually incorrect, that's about more than incorrect terminology.

What would you say if it turned out that autism was an evolutionary development and that even severe autism was nature fine-tuning the evolutionary development?  You can't treat that with anything.  Without knowing the causes of autism, it is extremely unwise to 'treat' it with anything.  Of course your peptides may be harmless and natural, but if they are going to lead to false hope then advertising it this way is unethical.

Did you also know, that there are likely multiple types of autism?  You cannot have a one pill helps all approach.

• I received this notification in my inbox, although it has disappeared off the thread:

If you have any ideas about how to develop new therapies for complex disorders of brain development, or autism (www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism), I beg you to share them with me. I would like to note that without preclinical trials, involving laboratory animals, you will be not allowed to test them in the clinic. Studies involving children without preliminary experiments are not allowed, are you agree with that?

As for me, we can't treat children with Haloperidol (or other drugs with serious side effects, you can read about them re: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3934669/),
    we need to find new approaches. We hope, that our peptides, witch have pronounced nootropic effect improving learning both with positive and negative reinforcement, are actively involved in the regulation of emotions and have antidepressant effect possess powerful neuroprotective effects could realy be
    effective without side effects. 

We are not a pharmaceutical company, all the structures of our peptides are published and you can read about them. Article that describes our model I showed you
    too. We are interested in scientific problem as ASD and we promise to tell everyone about our results. This ideology of Experiment croudfunding platform is to provide more open science. If you think that the issues of terminology is more important than the research in the field of new therapies, then I am afraid that I can not convince
    you. With all respect, prayer in some cases does not help. 

Thank you.

My response to OP is this.  Autism Speaks is an organisation that is quite controversial in the autism world, because they (like you) treat autism as a sickness to be cured.  Animal testing, if done to ensure safety so far as it can be ensured, is one thing.  Claiming a substance will have the same effect on a human as it did on an animal with different physiology is another.  Even between humans there will be different reactions to drugs.

In the UK, the Government advises that autism must not be "treated" with medication.  Of course if an autistic person has e.g. co-morbid anxiety or another condition which is treatable that is another thing.

I would always fly the flag for natural treatments over pharmaceutical where possible and research is always necessary.  But if you are claiming autism is a dangerous psychiatric condition, which is factually incorrect, that's about more than incorrect terminology.

What would you say if it turned out that autism was an evolutionary development and that even severe autism was nature fine-tuning the evolutionary development?  You can't treat that with anything.  Without knowing the causes of autism, it is extremely unwise to 'treat' it with anything.  Of course your peptides may be harmless and natural, but if they are going to lead to false hope then advertising it this way is unethical.

Did you also know, that there are likely multiple types of autism?  You cannot have a one pill helps all approach.

Children
No Data