Business Directory for Self Employed

Hi. I just wanted to share this with you. There is a new community website just for autistic adults, and they have a directory for self employed people to advertise their business. You can include a link to your page (even if that’s an Etsy page like mine). It only costs £10 for the year. 

I think it’s really positive as the idea is to support each other. 

https://www.we-are-autistic.com 

Parents
  • Just for info:

To access We Are Autistic's peer-to-peer community for autistic adults (ie an online forum like this one) costs £6.79 per month, which comes to £81.48 per year.

That money is paid a private limited company that's owned by one person. That company owns the rights to all content that anyone posts on their website / forum. Of course, as a member of that community, people are also trusting their personal information to that company.

By contrast, this forum is - of course - run by a UK registered charity, and can be joined and used completely free of charge.

There's also the option to join the National Autistic Society, which does far more than just provide this online community. When paid via direct debit, NAS membership currently costs just:

• £8 per year at the concessionary rate, or
    • £26 per year at the standard rate.

I'm proud to be an NAS member. I'd encourage anyone else who is willing and able to also join and support its work. Membership includes a quarterly members' magazine (sent by post), and access to a members-only Facebook group.

Join the National Autistic Society

• Just for info:

To access We Are Autistic's peer-to-peer community for autistic adults (ie an online forum like this one) costs £6.79 per month, which comes to £81.48 per year.

That money is paid a private limited company that's owned by one person. That company owns the rights to all content that anyone posts on their website / forum. Of course, as a member of that community, people are also trusting their personal information to that company.

By contrast, this forum is - of course - run by a UK registered charity, and can be joined and used completely free of charge.

There's also the option to join the National Autistic Society, which does far more than just provide this online community. When paid via direct debit, NAS membership currently costs just:

• £8 per year at the concessionary rate, or
    • £26 per year at the standard rate.

I'm proud to be an NAS member. I'd encourage anyone else who is willing and able to also join and support its work. Membership includes a quarterly members' magazine (sent by post), and access to a members-only Facebook group.

Join the National Autistic Society

Children