Job 3:23-26

"Why is light given to a man whose way is hid, and whom God hath hedged in?

For my sighing cometh before I eat, and my roarings are poured out like the waters.

For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came."

I love to lose myself in the didactic rhythms of the KJV. I managed to read all of the Book of Job within a month of my last breakdown last year, alongside the Revelation of St John the Divine. Job arguably one of the first books, chronologically speaking, to be included in The Bible: Revelation being the last. Both powerful reminders of the inscrutable mystery and yet the immense scale of salvation with which God works with due to His love for us. Nothing is too big, nothing is too small to escape His notice. 

Feeling like I want to live. Pray tone1HeartCross

• May I add a prayer for a best possible outcome for my best mates grandchild Oliver who at 7 weeks old goes under the kinfe tomorrow for abdominal surgery.

Although I realise God's plans are sometimes immutable, he does seeem to allow a bit of wiggle room in the preplanned Creation that is always unfolding, which is why prayer is rightful.

I don't think I've ever put one in writing before though...

• And that’s a great place to be, my friend. Rest easy.