What''s the worst genre of music?

One of our fellow users suggested that there's not nearly enough speaking of one's own mind these days. So I thought it would be interesting to give people an opportunity to voice a negativie opinion. Out of all genres of music, which do you dislike the most? For me, there are a few that I really don't enjoy. Pop music is one of them. Dubstep is another. But the genre I would not be sorry to see disappear into total obscurity is EDM. I find it to be music that exists only to promote nightclub life. I like conceptual music the best; albums that tell a story from one song to the next. So music that exists solely for drunk people to dance to is about as far from that as it gets.

But what about you guys? What genre or subgenre would you least miss to see wiped from the annals of musical history?

Parents
  • I really don't like jazz, modern jazz is particularly difficult to comprehend.

Anything with musical discord just sets my teeth on edge.

Death metal and the like isn't something I'd choose to listen to but I could say that about country/western & rap.

• I really don't like jazz, modern jazz is particularly difficult to comprehend.

Anything with musical discord just sets my teeth on edge.

Death metal and the like isn't something I'd choose to listen to but I could say that about country/western & rap.

Children
No Data