Why do the mods keep putting these pinned posts in the forum?

We've now got 2 posts with the exact same subject in every section of the forum about the forum upgrade for instance; they could have just posted a reply to the earlier one if they had an update. And the fact that they're at the top of the list makes it harder to see whether there's any new posts in that particular section of the forum. It's getting annoying, and I rarely if ever read them.

Parents
  • I appreciate that the team is just doing its best to make sure that everyone is aware of what's happening.

But I agree that NAS announcements in general are currently very frustrating. When viewing the overall community homepage, they push so many new / recently active threads out of immediate view. 

I'm hoping that the new platform might include a single, dedicated "announcements" section, where posts like those will go.

• Yes - the explanation is that a post appears in each of the sections.

• Autistic adults
    • Health and lifestyle
    • Introduce yourself
    • Mental health and wellbeing
    • Miscellaneous and chat
    • Parents and carers
    • Q&A Session
    • Women and girls

But I don't know how many people use these sections as a starting point when browsing the board. I didn't even know they existed for a long time. I dread to think if I ever created a post in Women and Girls - eek! Joy

• Yes - the explanation is that a post appears in each of the sections.

• Autistic adults
    • Health and lifestyle
    • Introduce yourself
    • Mental health and wellbeing
    • Miscellaneous and chat
    • Parents and carers
    • Q&A Session
    • Women and girls

But I don't know how many people use these sections as a starting point when browsing the board. I didn't even know they existed for a long time. I dread to think if I ever created a post in Women and Girls - eek! Joy

Children
No Data