Just needed to talk

Hi 

I'm 16 and at a boarding school. I'm struggling right now because iv just started a levels and there's alot of work. But I'm also having difficulty managing friendships and I feel permanently lonely. Last year I was consulted to see if I had autism where I was going to continue on for official diagnosis after the pre-assesment but then my parents stopped it. With that I stopped wanting to get support with my day today struggles and now I feel really awful. I don't want to talk about it because I think people think I'm being attention needy and I don't want that. I'm struggling with noise and light every day at school and I can't focus. My head feels cloudy and its all fairly bad right now. Its ok tho. I think I just needed to let it out. 

On another note I like sailing and lego and cooking. I hope everyone is doing well and I wish everyone the best day possible

• Hi and welcome to the forum. How are you doing? I like how you like sailing and lego and cooking. I like travel and music.

My daughter is 16 and just started at A levels too. I hope that this goes well for you.

But you are right, it is the managing of friendships that is much, much harder than A levels, even. And as you will be able to see so many of us here, loneliness is a real problem. 

I'm not sure I can offer much advice as 16 was a long time ago for me. But just be very careful of yourself and your mental health. I can understand how you do not wish to ask for help, but if you do get worried about your safety, then please do reach out.