Fun question from a food obsessive: what is your favourite sandwich filling?

If I did not have Asperger's and the problems I have, I should really have entered market food research. I have always been obsessed (in a good way!) with food, and like to ask people what their favourite sandwich filling is at the moment. I try to contain myself most of the time because I realise this is a random question, and want to appear as normal as possible. But as we are all a bit 'atypical' here, I don't think I need to worry that the question is strange Smile

So what are your favourite sandwich fillings?

What is your favourite brand of bread, and why?

I like cheese and tomato, fish salad, marmite salad, and houmous salad best.

My favourite bread is from the bakery counter at M and S, M and S wholemeal mini sub rolls, Allinson sliced bread, and seeded bread.

•  Prawn marie rose on brown bread is the winner for me.

• Bacon, mushroom and hash brown.

beefburger, cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato.

• Nothing beats crusty white bread.

You are missing out IntenseWorld!. I love lettuce sandwiches: lettuce with humous, lettuce with ham, with tuna, cream cheese, cheese and chutney.....

• My favourite is salami and cheese with some red peppers and gherkins on crusty white bread from our local bakery. Mmmm!

• I only like butter thinly spread, thick butter is gag-worthy.  Lettuce leaves in sandwiches are gross as they go very soggy and disgusting and I hate mayonnaise too.

• I have a lot of issues with food and have a very limited diet so I suppose my answer to this question would be a bit boring but there you go. ;)

If it's a sandwich I am making to eat straight away then I will put either plain chicken *** or lactose free cheese in my sandwich but if it's a sandwich I'm going to eat later then it has to be the chicken. Lactose free cheese seems to go a bit rubbery after a while and I don't like that. I prefer to eat certain kinds of bread although the fact that I have Crohn's Disease as well can mean that the ASDA Extra Special Seeded White loaf isn't suitable so then I have to find the one without the seeds.

I hate salad in sandwiches because it makes the bread go soggy and I can't stand mayonnaise so buying a sandwich out isn't particularly easy. I tend to prefer to buy a plain bread roll and stick a few crisps inside it than look in lots of shops for a chicken sandwich that doesn't have mayonnaise in.

• I love tuna mayo, particularly with salad: lettuce, tomato, pepper etc.

Tomorrow I plan to have marmite and tomato M&S mini submarine roll (two of them as they are very small). I am not sure about the rest of the week, but possibly tuna pate, and perhaps tinned fish - it is meant to help with brain function.

On Saturday I had a cheese and onion panini at a cafe, with crisps and salad.

• I'm not on the Spectrum myself but do love to talk food Smile

I used to work on a team that had a couple of young men obsessed with food so we'd have a daily discussion of what we were having for lunch then it would move on to dinner!  Many a happy hour was spent talking food.

My favourites are 

Bacon, brie and cranberry on toasted granary.

Bacon, chicken and avocado.

Chicken/turkey and salad.

I have egg mayo for my packed lunch tomorrow.  Tuna and sweetcorn today.

• Cheddar cheese and pickle on my granddad's homemade bread - gorgeous! Though I also like hummus in/on anything, including sandwiches. And I love prawn marie rose on brown bread. Plus I love baguettes, paninis (especially goats' cheese with roasted vegetables and tuna melt) and toasties. And fajitas (if all those count as sandwiches)! I actually think this was a really good question, as it's given me the opportunity to ask if anyone else can't bear butter in sandwiches - the mere thought of it makes me feel sick. :/

• Please do Smile

Food, glorious food. Well, you have given me food for thought!

Smoked salmon and cucumber sounds very nice; I bet it is lovely with a good tea.

Last week I tried tinned mackeral with olive oil in M&S bakery counter wholemeal crusty roll with cucumber. I drained most of the oil, but left just enough to negate the need for butter. So simple, so divine!.

I do like a good unsalted butter in bread, with a very thin layer of marmite and tomato, though.

Today I went back to basics: cheese and tomato wins every time, but for me, it is better if it is mild cheddar.

• Hovis seeded bread is yummy.  I only really like granary bread with all those lovely nutty bits in.

Smoked salmon with black pepper and cucumber, or turkey and stuffing or chicken.  Cheese on toast is delicious too, as is a toasted cheese and onion sandwich...oh don't get me started, I could go on for hours.

•   My favourite filling is mustard and turkey or really spicy pastrami beef. Favourite bread: M&S bakery counter wins - any type!

• Peanut butter/humous are my go to fillings.