MODERATORS PLS

Again my post has been removed. I am now EXTREMELY distressed. Please assist me asap. Thank you.

Parents
  • Hi and welcome to the community!

I'm not a moderator :)

Unfortunately, it's not entirely unusual (especially for a new user) for posts to get quarantined - which is done automatically by the forum's software filters.

Be sure to appeal them, in response to the notification that indicates when it's happened, and the team (who are volunteers) will get to it as soon as they can, alongside their other responsibilities.

Keep in mind the NAS warning on the community's home page: "Please note that the Online Community is not moderated 24 hours a day."

I know it can feel extremely frustrating, upsetting and off-putting (I've been there!), but a) it will get better over time and b) the forum is changing to a new platform this month and this is expected to improve issues including this one.

• Thanks Bunny,

I hardly slept over it.

• You're welcome! 

I nearly quit the community (several times) when it kept happening to me, but I'm glad that I stuck with it and I hope that you do, too.

I often edit my posts, too, including to correct typos, refine / polish my wording, add an extra thought, etc - like I'm doing right now!

Perhaps (ie this is not a guarantee) proceed on the basis that up to three edits on any given post might be safe, but try not to make them too quickly in a row.

If you can reset your expectations, then that will definitely help. I suggest assuming that this quarantining issue might happen a few more times. But you can rest assured that your posts will get approved eventually, once they've been reviewed (and, if necessary, edited) by a moderator.  

• The problem is that posts scroll quite quickly. I posted on it. Which puts it temporarily back up. Also the mods themselves spammed the board today with their upgrade posts

• I think it's only visible via my profile. It's called 'Howdy Doody [Hello]'. Thanks.

Reply Children