When do you put up your Christmas tree?

I know, I know - it's still September (although only just)!

If you're among those of us who celebrate Christmas - or who otherwise enjoy the seasonal decorations and festivities - when do you prefer to put your tree up?

In my case, I've been stealthily bringing the date forward over each of the last few years. I love the twinkling tree lights, sitting to the side of my view in the living room each evening. And I find it generally helps to lift my mood Smile

I wondered whether anyone else here might also be in the habit of banking extra seasonal pleasure by doing the same? Santa 

Parents
  • I usually put mine up around the last two weekends of December, I sometimes have to put it up undecorated for a few days so as cats can climb it and dogs pee up it, luckily we no longer have the greyhound who would pee up it, although I miss him loads and I think Muriel is old enough not climb it now.

Our tree is huge, a total extravagance of my Dads for the first family xmas when they moved here, we've not felt able to get rid of it since, it sits in the hall as we have nowhere in the living room suitable for it. I do love a xmas tree, I have so many old decorations, some belonged to my grandparents and every year I try and get another bauble. We have tinsel and fir cones around the bottom of the tree, none actually on it. It usually all come down around 12th night.

• I usually put mine up around the last two weekends of December, I sometimes have to put it up undecorated for a few days so as cats can climb it and dogs pee up it, luckily we no longer have the greyhound who would pee up it, although I miss him loads and I think Muriel is old enough not climb it now.

Our tree is huge, a total extravagance of my Dads for the first family xmas when they moved here, we've not felt able to get rid of it since, it sits in the hall as we have nowhere in the living room suitable for it. I do love a xmas tree, I have so many old decorations, some belonged to my grandparents and every year I try and get another bauble. We have tinsel and fir cones around the bottom of the tree, none actually on it. It usually all come down around 12th night.

Children
  • Yikes! Thankfully, our cats have never done that. Although they've caused enough other "problems" that we switched to hard flooring - so much easier to clean!

At my partner's insistence, we also don't put any tinsel on the tree - just baubles, other hanging decorations, and lights. Along with some large present-shaped soft toys around the base, to conceal it. But I do still get away with draping some tinsel over the bookcase :)