Do you ever say the wrong thing??

anyone else have experiences of this? I’m 40 and feel that no matter how hard I try or how much I research about social situations I always make catastrophic mistakes and lose friends.

i wanted to start a small set of books written by local faith groups for children to share their faiths and promote unity and peace when so much of the world is divided and to provide them to schools. Apparently this is offensive.

i can sort of understand why, but in reality I don’t. It seems so complicated. Surely someone doing something and trying their best to help is a good thing and better than nobody ever trying?? 

Parents
  • All the time I have foot in mouth disease and to mke it worse I often end up with the other foot in my mouth to from using it as a tool to extract the first one.

Are there any interfaith groups in your area who you could work with? I don't know why anyone would see this as offensive unless they're a full on anti-faith atheist or believe their own faith superior to all others. I also don't get this idea that being white and middle class means you can't possibly know anything, I think it's racist in itself, not every white financially comfortable person is socially ignorant, colonialist or patronising.

You're wanting material written by the comunities themselves aimed at greater understanding between those comunities, I fail to see how that is a bad thing, anything that helps to bring about understanding between different comunities is a good thing in my book.

• All the time I have foot in mouth disease and to mke it worse I often end up with the other foot in my mouth to from using it as a tool to extract the first one.

Are there any interfaith groups in your area who you could work with? I don't know why anyone would see this as offensive unless they're a full on anti-faith atheist or believe their own faith superior to all others. I also don't get this idea that being white and middle class means you can't possibly know anything, I think it's racist in itself, not every white financially comfortable person is socially ignorant, colonialist or patronising.

You're wanting material written by the comunities themselves aimed at greater understanding between those comunities, I fail to see how that is a bad thing, anything that helps to bring about understanding between different comunities is a good thing in my book.

Children
No Data