Animals watching telly

We've been watching Big Cats 24/7 on BBC 2, my dog Fearn loves it, she licked lion cubs, tried to break up a fight and wanted to hunt with the lionesses and a cheetah.

She likes watching any wildlife program and gardeners world, especially when Adam Frost is on as she loves his cat and dog, I think there might be something in his voice that she responds too as well. One time she started barking at cats on the telly and running between our cats and the tv, obviously trying to protect out cats from those on the telly.

I wonder what she see's and experiences via the tv? She obviously knows (most of the time), that it's not real, she'd never tried to climb into the telly or go round the back to see if whatever she's watching is there too.

I've had plenty of cats who like wildlife programs too especially ones with birds in and show jumping, I had one cat who'd avidly watch the horses and try and catch them, she was never bothered with horse racing though?

My Mum's old cat used to love watching snooker!

Parents
  • I have a heck of a story in that regard. Years ago, my family and I went on an outing around the country. We couldn't take our dog with us, so we put the television on both to give him some stimulus and to make any passersby think someone is home (we live in a high traffic area due to a nearby school). Well we came back that evening, and from the street we could see the television still running. However, not on the channel we had left it on. Our dog had changed it to another one. One that showed... a woman... sitting on a bed... taking calls from men. Did I mention that our street sees a lot of traffic due to the nearby school?

• Ha ha. And did the phone bill have extra expensive calls? Joy

Reply Children
No Data