Animals watching telly

We've been watching Big Cats 24/7 on BBC 2, my dog Fearn loves it, she licked lion cubs, tried to break up a fight and wanted to hunt with the lionesses and a cheetah.

She likes watching any wildlife program and gardeners world, especially when Adam Frost is on as she loves his cat and dog, I think there might be something in his voice that she responds too as well. One time she started barking at cats on the telly and running between our cats and the tv, obviously trying to protect out cats from those on the telly.

I wonder what she see's and experiences via the tv? She obviously knows (most of the time), that it's not real, she'd never tried to climb into the telly or go round the back to see if whatever she's watching is there too.

I've had plenty of cats who like wildlife programs too especially ones with birds in and show jumping, I had one cat who'd avidly watch the horses and try and catch them, she was never bothered with horse racing though?

My Mum's old cat used to love watching snooker!

Parents
  • I think it's great that they can watch TV with you. Our lovely dog, who sadly died last Feb  didn't watch TV.

We put utube dog TV on for him if we went out for a couple of hours.  He didn't watch it but the sounds of the country side were soothing and he'd often be asleep when we returned rather than anxious and awake like he was without the TV.

• I think it's great that they can watch TV with you. Our lovely dog, who sadly died last Feb  didn't watch TV.

We put utube dog TV on for him if we went out for a couple of hours.  He didn't watch it but the sounds of the country side were soothing and he'd often be asleep when we returned rather than anxious and awake like he was without the TV.

Children