Yay, new clothes

After dreading the need for some new winter clothes and having to go through the disapointments and frustration of finding anything ot fit, let alone something that fits that I like, I managed to get some trousers in M&S and a jumper tunic thingy in a local independent shop and I didn't have to spend a fortune either.

• I got some jeggings, in a nice green, they're nice soft but thick cotton, I got away with a regular length because I'm going to be wearing them with boots. I hate trousers that go floppy over boots. I always prefer to try stuff on before buying it, as so much stuff is poorly sized.

I get all my nightwear from Champion, they do a lot of sports wear and stuff, but they also have an old fashioned section that sell proper PJ's and nightshirts, I get the mens nightshirts as they're a lovely soft, but hard wearing brushed cotton, they do ladies stuff too, but thats a bit small for me. It's inexpensive and really good value for money.

I got some brightly coloured socks from TKMAXX, the bamboo sock company, they're brilliant, they've got a honeycomb grip at the top that dosen't cut off your circulation and they're really comfortable. I've got sparrows ankles and I don't understand why normal socks cut into them?

• The main thing I have issues with are tags like some tags are like razor blades on my skin so I snip them out 

But I find denim feels like sanderpapetlr too

• Hurrah! Pleased to hear you found some suitable stuff. My trousers are from M&S too, as I'm short and they do various lengths in most of their trousers. Which ones did you get?

I have had problems with getting other M&S stuff recently though - I ordered a cream skirt, but it was horrible nylony material and almost touched the floor on me, although it was supposed to be midi, so that went back. Then I ordered a spa type towelling dressing gown, but it was very heavy, was shedding lots of white fluff, and again was almost touching the floor when I put it on. But third time lucky - I have now got a nice pale green M&S dressing gown in a lovely soft fabric which is the perfect length. And I also got some nice new long line sleep t-shirts in a grey/blue from Primark, which I'm pleased with.