From reading around the Employment section of the NAS Website interesting idea

I was just reading around the employment section of the NAS website the other night and I just got an idea - I’ve mentioned the issue of the lack of Post-diagnostic assessments and/or support on many occasions since my later in life diagnosis in 2021, which given that NAS jobs are open to ASD applicants, because many people diagnosed later in life after diagnosis have no idea what their post-diagnosis appropriate support needs are, maybe a practical solution would be to offer employment to ASD people post-diagnosis given their relevant past employment experience and given their skill sets perhaps for a period of 12-18 months, which would have as part of this, focusing on identifying appropriate support needs in the workplace and elsewhere, possibly also in conjunction with jobcentres - one important advantage of this would be that it would ensure that people with ASD were not forced into unsuitable jobs and would be more likely to stay long term with a given employer - I’d love to hear what the NAS in particular thinks of such an idea as it would be an avenue for providing enhanced support for ASD people