This Country is too sttessful

All I have to do, to occupy my time, fries my brain.

I would like to move to Italy; slower lifestyle, cleaner air, healthier food.

I need to pursue a vision.

Parents
  • I would like to move to Italy; slower lifestyle, cleaner air, healthier food.

I can just imagine you as Don Desmond, driving round in your Ferarri to make sure your tenants pay up on time. Capiche?

Italy is nice - I hear there are areas in the mountains that are paying foreigners to move there and renovate property so it may not be that bad an idea.

• I saw a place in Italy where they were offering houses for £1 to get people to move there

• North and Mid Wales are good, wet and windy, but good, beautiful countryside, fewer people especially in winter, lots of wildlife and cheaper houses than most of England. But we have worse public transport and everything is quite a few miles away, you often can't just pop out for a take away or to the shop. Living in the country takes planing, but I think living abroad would equally stressful, especially if you don't speak the language, foreign supermarkets can be confusing, don't sell the things you're used too, little things like tea and marmite might be unavailable or very expensive. Officialdom can be hard to navigate and local laws can trip you up, as can local builders and building regs, health care is another area that can be difficult.

• I that works for you fine, lack of choice is one of the things I dislike, as is the lack of restaurants and take aways where I can eat, I think for me to go out for a meal I'd have to go to three different restaurants, one for each course.

Reply Children
No Data