Unexpected Skills You've Acquired

I just found out I have a secret knack for graphic design! I had always believed that I had little talent for the visual arts, but I decided to give design software a go during a job project. To my surprise, I developed a strong interest in it and swiftly acquired abilities I never would have thought I possessed. I now design graphics for personal projects and occasionally work as a freelancer. It's incredible how pushing yourself above your comfort zone may reveal unanticipated, rewarding new skills. What unexpected abilities have you found in yourself?

Parents
  • It's great that you found a hidden talent, and can make some income from freelancing. I seem to pick up many skills, but the prospect of freelancing is still daunting to me, but your story is encouraging.

Recently, I got into music and spontaneously bought an electric guitar, and I enjoy playing it a lot, but I never envisioned myself as a guitar player, or interested in reading sheet music.

Never thought I'd be a certified braille transcriptionist either. It was just fun to learn the topic. 

And I never thought that I'd be able to do mental math. I mean I was in my mid-twenties before I could finally do mental math.

I wonder what other things that we think are out of our realm of ability to do, but once we try, we excel and unlock a new ability we never knew we were capable of. 

• It's great that you found a hidden talent, and can make some income from freelancing. I seem to pick up many skills, but the prospect of freelancing is still daunting to me, but your story is encouraging.

Recently, I got into music and spontaneously bought an electric guitar, and I enjoy playing it a lot, but I never envisioned myself as a guitar player, or interested in reading sheet music.

Never thought I'd be a certified braille transcriptionist either. It was just fun to learn the topic. 

And I never thought that I'd be able to do mental math. I mean I was in my mid-twenties before I could finally do mental math.

I wonder what other things that we think are out of our realm of ability to do, but once we try, we excel and unlock a new ability we never knew we were capable of. 

Children
No Data