Is it only autists that have collections

Lots of people collect stuff, apart from dust it's not something I really do and I don't collect dust on purpose. But having seen the range and variety of stuff people collect are they all autistics? There was one guy on gardeners world last night who had over 4,000 pitcher plants and breeds aloes.

Is it only autists who collect stuff, does anyone know any NT's who are collectors?

Parents
  • Great question! My mum collected these mini statue things. She was totally NT. I think I inherited all my specialness that we all share from my dad, as I can't locate anyone else like me on my mum's sprawling side of the family.

Back to the question (how easily we digress!)

I have friends who collect records. Which is the same as mine once upon a time. They've been known to sell some, which I can't bring myself to do.

My NT wife doesn't collect a thing. 

• Great question! My mum collected these mini statue things. She was totally NT. I think I inherited all my specialness that we all share from my dad, as I can't locate anyone else like me on my mum's sprawling side of the family.

Back to the question (how easily we digress!)

I have friends who collect records. Which is the same as mine once upon a time. They've been known to sell some, which I can't bring myself to do.

My NT wife doesn't collect a thing. 

Children