Bits and bobs, this and that

I thought I'd start a more general thread where we can just post little things, like how our day has been, funny incidents etc that don't need much in the way of answer, but just everyday nonsense.

I'm covered in little catty claw pin *** marks, from newly returned Boris cat reaching up and trying to pull my trousers down! He's realised that one of the best ways to get a human to do what he wants is to stretch up and stick his claws into the fabric of your trousers just below your bum and then sit down taking the trousers with him. If you're wearing a skirt of nightie he grabs hold of the hem and shakees it!

I'm to hot, I hope it will cool down soon, I'm having trouble sleeping.

I'm reading a really interseting book by Professor Dame Sue Black, called All That Remains and is about the skeleton and what it tells forensic anthropologists. Some of you might know her from TV, things like History Cold Cases.

Parents
  • Spent the last 4 days repairing the parquet flooring in a house a close friend has just bought - tomorrow will see the end of the job.

Spent 3 days on my hands and knees cutting around individual wooden blocks that were loose to get them up, clean the floor and the block, set it beside the hole it came out of and  then 1 day of going back round gluing them back into place.

Tomorrow will glue the last rooms worth in place and I can book the sander to strip it all back before the final sealant coats.

I hope my fingernails eventually get clean again!

• Spent the last 4 days repairing the parquet flooring in a house a close friend has just bought - tomorrow will see the end of the job.

Spent 3 days on my hands and knees cutting around individual wooden blocks that were loose to get them up, clean the floor and the block, set it beside the hole it came out of and  then 1 day of going back round gluing them back into place.

Tomorrow will glue the last rooms worth in place and I can book the sander to strip it all back before the final sealant coats.

I hope my fingernails eventually get clean again!

Children
  • Thanks Mark, I got the book wrong, it's Written in Bone, All That Remains was her previous book, both good books. The dog sounds like she's doing a typical dog thing of trying to make you her friend and make the best of it all, maybe she does think that if she has to be away from her family then she'd perfer to be with you than in kennels or something? You sound like a good dog sitter.

Iain I feel for you with the parquet, not an easy or pleasant job, but so worth it at the end. Have you tried scratching a bar of soap to stop gunge getting under your nails? I know some people do this when gardening, I don't as I can't stand the feeling of my nails being "full"