What’s the Most Unexpected Skill You’ve Learned?

Come on, let's have some fun in the Miscellaneous and Chat forum! All of us acquire a variety of skills during our lives, but occasionally they can be rather surprising. Which of your acquired skills has surprised or intrigued you the most, and how did you learn it? Please share your experiences and any fascinating backstories on your talents, whether they are quirky, useful, or something you never imagined you'd be able to accomplish. It excites me to learn about the varied and surprising abilities that people have acquired over their journey.

Parents
  • Mine really is weird. I can pretty much outstare anyone. 

It is weird because I have the same eye contact issue that most of us have.

I can 'win' these stare downs, BUT, I would be totally incapable of holding any conversation, or any type of thought, while doing so.

How did I come across this? There was a guy from South Africa that I had to work with who would outstare other staff as a form of dominance. I noticed this because I notice what people do like all high maskers.

I made a decision to try to 'beat' him and I did. I had his respect for the rest of the project. He never acknowledged the staring (maybe he wasn't conscious of doing it.)

I've done it a few more times when I think that it is necessary.

• Mine really is weird. I can pretty much outstare anyone. 

It is weird because I have the same eye contact issue that most of us have.

I can 'win' these stare downs, BUT, I would be totally incapable of holding any conversation, or any type of thought, while doing so.

How did I come across this? There was a guy from South Africa that I had to work with who would outstare other staff as a form of dominance. I noticed this because I notice what people do like all high maskers.

I made a decision to try to 'beat' him and I did. I had his respect for the rest of the project. He never acknowledged the staring (maybe he wasn't conscious of doing it.)

I've done it a few more times when I think that it is necessary.

Children
No Data