A question for those with ADD

With ADD can you have periods of intense focus punctuated by very brief losses of focus? For want of a better explanation,like a shortened absence seizure.

Parents
  • How do you experience these? Can you give a bit more info please?

I notice it especially when doing reaction time tests. I'll get something like this. The quite good scores for my age interspersed with a 648 ms type score. It's not something that would easily be picked up in the normal course of events.  I have EF difficulties with organising and planning. I struggle with multistep tasks. Prioritising the steps that need to be taken isn't easy. Some days it can be hard to organise my thoughs because it like there's 25 channels switched on in my brain each showing a different programme. I can feel highly anxious and overwhelmed.

• How do you experience these? Can you give a bit more info please?

I notice it especially when doing reaction time tests. I'll get something like this. The quite good scores for my age interspersed with a 648 ms type score. It's not something that would easily be picked up in the normal course of events.  I have EF difficulties with organising and planning. I struggle with multistep tasks. Prioritising the steps that need to be taken isn't easy. Some days it can be hard to organise my thoughs because it like there's 25 channels switched on in my brain each showing a different programme. I can feel highly anxious and overwhelmed.

Children
No Data