Uncertainty

For me it can often lead to catastrophising.

• I despise uncertainty; myself.

Though, I am just as guilty of not honouring verbal agreements; also. I was meant to call my Accountant on Wednesday. Didn't call him until today. No answer, or response. His loss! Expressionless

• I used to get this a lot and would trigger my "planning for different responses" habit in order to be prepared for what may happen.

This eneded up consuming so much of my mental energy and quite a bit of time 99.9% of the time that I eventually learned mindfulness as a way to shutting down the catastrophisng process.

It takes a lot of work to apply consistently but lets you focus on things when you need to and saves bucket loads of energy.

• I do it too, I think everyone does, a loved one is 15 mins late home and there you are with the funeral planed and everything.

But I catastrophise over known events too and often find myself to emotionally paralysed to attend, the emotional paralasys becomes physical and have problems walking and speaking. It's even worse as these are events that I'm suposed to look forward too. I can't even go for a weekend break without it happening, even when its somewhere I'd really like to visit. If something like that is bounced on me I do a high speed version of catatrophising and end up with a melt down.

• I'm prone to catastrophising too - even with certainty! (certainty of the upcoming event, not the outcome)

• I agree, I really hate uncertainty and the unknown and it causes me a lot of anxiety.