If you were a tree which would you be?

I think I'd be a rowan tree, they're not massive, but small elegant and gracefull, they have lovely leaves and berries and live on the edge of forests rather than in the middle.

• This reminds me of the ancient tree alphabet of Ireland, called the Ogham ("Oh-um") alphabet. I tried to study it for a time, even though I'm not familiar with all the different types of trees that make up the alphabet.

It's written by having a single vertical line drawn first (representing the "trunk" of the tree), and then each letter is written from bottom to the top, as the roots start from the bottom, and the tree grows upwards towards the top.

A tree that makes me nervous, is the poisonous manchineel tree. Every part of this tree is toxic, and even touching it will cause blisters to form and irritation. It's incredibly toxic during rain as well, as the toxic compounds can drip off the leaves and onto skin, so standing underneath it during rainfall would be a bad idea. 

I did grow up with a magnolia tree though. It's bright pink hue, and soft leaves, were comforting. They're one of my favourite trees.

• Nice selection of trees, folks.

I have a old yew in my garden, I keep being told to cut it down, but I won't, its healthy so why would I want to kill it?

• I would be a jabuticababeira - a Brazilian tree that is famous for its sweet, plump fruit that grows off its trunk.

The reason is that it has quite a spiky bark most of the year, keeping people away, isn't good for climbing, cutting into planks or most things trees are good at but for those I let get close, there are many useful and tasty fruit being offered

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabuticaba

• There's a nice song The Rowan Tree in the film Living sung by Bill Nighy youtu.be/8dBvDgXvYWg and also this version too youtu.be/27cNb6l-hnk I choose a type of Willow tree these days.

• There's a Yew tree near me that is said to be well over a thousand years old;  gnarled and twisted it holds dramatic beauty and, I suspect, many secrets.

Ben