What wildlife have you seen recently?

I have seen very few butterflies this year. There is a walk I do near home and most summers I regularly see speckled wood butterflies there, but not yet this year. However I saw a beautiful sight this morning, a bright green dragonfly.

Parents
  • Lots of different butterflies, including small blues, loads of hover flies, bees and wasps, house flies and midges. Ducks, geese, diving birds, wading birds such as oyster catchers and little egrets, different sorts of gull, herring and black headed. Kestrels, buzzards, sparrow hawks and a peregrine falcon, crows, jackdaws, ravens, magpies and rooks. Various ***, wag tails, sparrows, starlings, black birds, collared doves, pigeons, finches, things that look similar to sparrows but aren't. Wrens, thrushes, robins, plus others I don't recognise. A fox, rabbits, hares, rats, mice and voles, stoats and red squirrels.

• Oh dear, I've been got by the censors again, I can't use the word for a certain group of small birds who visit the garden feeders regualarly.

Reply Children