Skating

Does anyone else enjoy skating. I have started going to a quad roller skating group (discos!). I also now go to an in-line skating group which goes out into the parks in the better weather. I've always enjoyed ice skating although don't go that often as I could never find skates that didn't hurt my feet.

I find skating wonderful exercise and it is especially good for developing the 'core muscles' in the stomach area as well as strengthening the legs and improving the balance.

I have not been to any classes but in typical Autie or Aspie fashion I can learn by teaching myself and can now skate backwards.

Parents
  • did ypu get to the ice rink in the end? The book I got was ice skating steps to success by Karen Kunzle-Waston and it's quite good it explains things very well and I felt like it improved my skating so far! it so much fun!! I wish I'd made the most of having a park to skate around where I used to live, there was a brilliant park there, it was big, mostly flat and with smooth pathways and a skating lane on some of the paths too. There's no where to do that around here though so I'll stick to ice skating, at least I'm lucky to have an ice rink quite close by!

• did ypu get to the ice rink in the end? The book I got was ice skating steps to success by Karen Kunzle-Waston and it's quite good it explains things very well and I felt like it improved my skating so far! it so much fun!! I wish I'd made the most of having a park to skate around where I used to live, there was a brilliant park there, it was big, mostly flat and with smooth pathways and a skating lane on some of the paths too. There's no where to do that around here though so I'll stick to ice skating, at least I'm lucky to have an ice rink quite close by!

Children
No Data