Skating

Does anyone else enjoy skating. I have started going to a quad roller skating group (discos!). I also now go to an in-line skating group which goes out into the parks in the better weather. I've always enjoyed ice skating although don't go that often as I could never find skates that didn't hurt my feet.

I find skating wonderful exercise and it is especially good for developing the 'core muscles' in the stomach area as well as strengthening the legs and improving the balance.

I have not been to any classes but in typical Autie or Aspie fashion I can learn by teaching myself and can now skate backwards.

Parents
  • IntenseWorld - I can see why your young one wouldn't like the noise. The volume of the music is so loud, especially in the ice rinks or in the one I go to it is. Maybe they could get into inline skating as with that you can skate outdoors as long as it's on smooth tracks. With those skates I think your much less likely to fall unless you hit a hole in the ground.

When I go skating I wear wrist guards, knee pads and elbow guards. Sometimes a helmet too. I have found that at first my back got sore but now my stomach muscles have strengthened a lot and core muscles.

• IntenseWorld - I can see why your young one wouldn't like the noise. The volume of the music is so loud, especially in the ice rinks or in the one I go to it is. Maybe they could get into inline skating as with that you can skate outdoors as long as it's on smooth tracks. With those skates I think your much less likely to fall unless you hit a hole in the ground.

When I go skating I wear wrist guards, knee pads and elbow guards. Sometimes a helmet too. I have found that at first my back got sore but now my stomach muscles have strengthened a lot and core muscles.

Children
No Data