Skating

Does anyone else enjoy skating. I have started going to a quad roller skating group (discos!). I also now go to an in-line skating group which goes out into the parks in the better weather. I've always enjoyed ice skating although don't go that often as I could never find skates that didn't hurt my feet.

I find skating wonderful exercise and it is especially good for developing the 'core muscles' in the stomach area as well as strengthening the legs and improving the balance.

I have not been to any classes but in typical Autie or Aspie fashion I can learn by teaching myself and can now skate backwards.

Parents
  • I used to take my children skating (both autistic), the main problem was the loud music caused the younger one to meltdown.  We haven't been for a while but we are thinking of going again.  I don't skate myself as I am terrified of falling and hurting my already problematic back.

• I used to take my children skating (both autistic), the main problem was the loud music caused the younger one to meltdown.  We haven't been for a while but we are thinking of going again.  I don't skate myself as I am terrified of falling and hurting my already problematic back.

Children
No Data