newbie question

I've just read the forum rules. Am I not supposed to use a photo of myself or my own name? If so, why is that?   

Parents
  • There are quite a few members who will use their first name, which NAS doesn't appear to have an issue with. However, the use of usernames that consist of both first names and surnames can be considered a breach of the Community Rules.

The rules are in place (as Iain said) to protect members who may be more vulnerable. I feel it is worth noting that one doesn't need to be a member (and signed in) to view the Community forums. Hopefully, this goes some way to explaining the need for anonymity.

• There are quite a few members who will use their first name, which NAS doesn't appear to have an issue with. However, the use of usernames that consist of both first names and surnames can be considered a breach of the Community Rules.

The rules are in place (as Iain said) to protect members who may be more vulnerable. I feel it is worth noting that one doesn't need to be a member (and signed in) to view the Community forums. Hopefully, this goes some way to explaining the need for anonymity.

Children