Basic lifestyle

On reading  the threads here it comes across very strongly that I have a very basic lifestyle compared to the rest of you. It mainly consists of internet,watch TV, eat and drink. It's a lifestyle aimed at reducing stress. I sometimes feel  set apart from the rest of you, not because of anything untoward said. My social communication skills are nowhere near as good as the rest of you. Social communication being separate from verbal ability. Having both ASD and schizoaffective/schizophrenia  doesn't help.

Parents
  • I don’t think it’s generally helpful to compare ourselves to others. Everyone on here has struggles of one kind or another - because you can’t really be autistic and not struggle with anything at all! You might consider your lifestyle ‘basic’ - but we all have a complex inner life that often goes way beyond the activities of our external, day to day life. You don’t have to prove yourself to anyone. You’re dealing with a lot of challenges - and in some circumstances even getting out of bed can be an achievement. On a really bad day I feel proud of myself for brushing my teeth - and rightly so to be honest! Mental health stuff  can be so damn hard - and I think everyone on here are very mindful of that - so please don’t feel judged or feel like an outsider. No one is an outsider here :) 

• EDITED - TO ACKNOWLEDGE MY ERROR OF JUDGEMENT

Kate...you always speak wisely and kindly...and with regard to the autistic people here, I am quite sure you are 100% right with what you say here above.

However.....unfortunately, these days, we all need to be aware that AI uses (I would say EXPLOITS) us here too.....so we need to remain on our toes

I am 100% certain that SOMETIMES, SOME OF OUR long, detailed and kindly contributions ARE "extracted" covertly from US by an AI.  This upsets me, because I don't think WE ALWAYS KNOW this...although I DO try to warn EVERYBODY ....whilst also treading VERY carefully in case it is an autistic human in need (and wholly worthy) of OUR kind support.

I will start a thread SOON about this because I hate to see kindness and wisdom wasted on foo king machine learning  OR when AI IS USED BY ASSHATS to trick us IN THE HOPE OF HURTING US!

It's a tricky one for me, but I hope that we can ALL discuss it together SOON, WHEN I FEEL ABLE TO START A THREAD.

FOR NOW....REST AND REFLECTION IS ESSENTIAL.

Yours

Number.

• I got it wrong. Sorry.

• Honestly....no problem what so ever firemonkey.

I understand why you reacted and you were very measured and fair.

I'm sorry for causing the confusion in the first place......and please rest assured (and I'm sure I've said this to you before....with honesty)....I consider you a friend.....fwiw.

Yours, Number.

• I can be overly sensitive at times.   This was one of those occasions. You are liked and respected  here.  There's no reason why you should step away.

• ah this is kinda what i was saying. the written word is superior.... but the written word can be read wrong and over analysed and taken the wrong way so that a harmless comment that wasnt a attack or offence can be seen as a attack or offence in any writers eyes. anything written at all can be seen as harmful to someone, its inescapable and all based on the readers own mind and perception of how they read it or comprehended it. this is why arguments and fallouts on written social platforms always lead to arguments and fallouts without intent or reason.

• The way it was said within the topic I had started.

• Thanks for your support Sparkly - that is very much appreciated - and you are completely correct in all you say here.

• Dear Firemonkey,

I never feel the need, nor intend to be hurtful to you, nor other members.

My original comment above did not relate to you whatsoever.

I absolutely know that you are a real person, and someone with whom I do feel affinity with........and I do DEEPLY hope that I have been able to convey that to you during our many interactions in the past.

I need to step away for a bit.  I have caused trouble.

Rest assured Firemonkey - I know you to be real, with deep feelings....and with an impressive intellect.

I apologise for causing concern and/or upset to you.

Yours,

Number.

• Dear Firemonkey,

I never feel the need, nor intend to be hurtful to you, nor other members.

My original comment above did not relate to you whatsoever.

I absolutely know that you are a real person, and someone with whom I do feel affinity with........and I do DEEPLY hope that I have been able to convey that to you during our many interactions in the past.

I need to step away for a bit.  I have caused trouble.

Rest assured Firemonkey - I know you to be real, with deep feelings....and with an impressive intellect.

I apologise for causing concern and/or upset to you.

Yours,

Number.

Children