Basic lifestyle

On reading  the threads here it comes across very strongly that I have a very basic lifestyle compared to the rest of you. It mainly consists of internet,watch TV, eat and drink. It's a lifestyle aimed at reducing stress. I sometimes feel  set apart from the rest of you, not because of anything untoward said. My social communication skills are nowhere near as good as the rest of you. Social communication being separate from verbal ability. Having both ASD and schizoaffective/schizophrenia  doesn't help.

Parents
  • That's what most people do, internet, tv, eat and drink. All of that actually sounds great to me. But I think you get bogged down by thinking that your social skills are less than that of others. But from reading what you've written in the comments, you got married and had a long term relationship with someone, even with the challenges and difficulties you have, which is quite the feat. 

You have ASD and schizoaffective/schizophrenia, and your body and mind are pulling a lot of its own resouces into processing and reacting to things all the time. So there's this internal struggle happening that no one sees, and it tires you and wears you down, and this all happens before you even get a chance at doing anything in your external environment. So if you had to do a task, it takes you ten times the effort to do that task, which means that overall you are much mentally stronger and more resilient than many other people. So if you just say hi to someone, go on a walk, or cook a meal, that's ten (or a hundred) times more impressive than if other people did the same thing. 

• That's what most people do, internet, tv, eat and drink. All of that actually sounds great to me. But I think you get bogged down by thinking that your social skills are less than that of others. But from reading what you've written in the comments, you got married and had a long term relationship with someone, even with the challenges and difficulties you have, which is quite the feat. 

You have ASD and schizoaffective/schizophrenia, and your body and mind are pulling a lot of its own resouces into processing and reacting to things all the time. So there's this internal struggle happening that no one sees, and it tires you and wears you down, and this all happens before you even get a chance at doing anything in your external environment. So if you had to do a task, it takes you ten times the effort to do that task, which means that overall you are much mentally stronger and more resilient than many other people. So if you just say hi to someone, go on a walk, or cook a meal, that's ten (or a hundred) times more impressive than if other people did the same thing. 

Children
No Data