Is it worth me trying to learn something new?

Hi all. I’m in two minds whether to start learning something again. I’ve always loved being creative and I love games and movies. In the past I considered creating my own game or movie, I focused more on my own movie and got so far before losing the hyper fixation and motivation. I also didn’t give myself much time to learn, deciding I was rubbish and gave up.

But compared to last time I am now armed with the knowledge that I have autism and ADHD. The diagnosis of ADHD explained my sudden loss of hyper fixation, an issue I do still have but now I’m an adult I’m hopeful I can overcome this or at least return to any project when my hyperness returns.

I’ve looked online and there’s a powerful software tool called blender which is free to use and more than capable of creating graphics for a game or characters for a movie. My worry though is that it takes years to become skilled at using blender and I’m not a fast leaner... That puts me off slightly but looking at videos online and seeing what I could make when I am better at using blender gives me hope.

But given my diagnosis of ADHD and my past failures and lack of confidence I do worry this will end badly. But then I’m always putting myself down which is why I’m in the slightly depressed fix I’m in now. I have a solid idea for a cool animated movie which if I learned blender I could eventually make. I can mimic voices and have done some voice acting online in the past. I can see my goal. I know I can do some bits but the hardest bit is years away and almost feels like I can never reach it. But I want to. But I don’t want to fail at this or overwhelm myself.

Not entirely sure which way to go from here.

Parents Reply Children
No Data