Outrageous Homes

Is a series fronted by Laurence LLewelyn Bowen, looking at the incredible things people have done to their houses, these arn't rich people most of them are fairly ordinary from the outside, but inside, there are goth paradices, victoriana a woman with a velvet ceiling, a woman who has mosiac'd her entire house. Some of the people are autistic and have created an outer version of what the inside of thier heads look like.

It's quite a resassuring program, it makes me feel normal and boring, I'm not a greige person with my interiors, but I couldn't do the shear amount of busyness in the choice of colours and patterns that many of them do. It's also nice to see quiet eccentricity is alive and well behind respectable closed doors in normal streets around the country.

Parents
  • I am really happy you posted this, as I had been contemplating doing likewise last week.

For me, the series has been must-see, feel-good TV. Although the decor in some of the homes I've seen featured hasn't always appealed, I have been able to appreciate the time, effort, and energy the various people have put into their homes. And yes, their eccentricity too.

One of the episodes featured a 1970s-themed home, and my first thought was that there was no way I could live in a home that was decorated like that. However, when I saw the wall tiles that had been used in the bathroom, I thought they were just absolutely gorgeous. Heart eyes

What I have also liked about the series is the fact Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen comes across as very genuine, warm, and positive. I have it on good authority from an artist friend who has met him that he really is a lovely man.

• I remember seeing a series he did years ago about design and perspective and how to get what you want from a room and where people go wrong, it was really good, he really does know his stuff. I think he makes fun of himself and plays a role and a persona thats more for telly.

Personally I have problems with patterns, I think a lot of autistic people do, I get get drawn in them and end up following them with my eyes. I do love texture, I guess if I had a design stye it would be a cross between Scandi maximalism and English shabby chic. 

• I remember seeing a series he did years ago about design and perspective and how to get what you want from a room and where people go wrong, it was really good, he really does know his stuff. I think he makes fun of himself and plays a role and a persona thats more for telly.

Personally I have problems with patterns, I think a lot of autistic people do, I get get drawn in them and end up following them with my eyes. I do love texture, I guess if I had a design stye it would be a cross between Scandi maximalism and English shabby chic. 

Children
No Data