Buying items related to your special interests

Does anyone else do this? I buy soo many things to do with my special interests-like Lego I've got so much to do with Lego-I have dvds, books, pictures, sets, cards and mimifigures! And it's the same with my other special interest which is the Titanic! I love everything to do with the Titanic. I've got dvds, books,  models, cds, blueprints and research it whenever I can. I first heard of it at school-about 5 years ago-and I've been obsessed ever since. 

Today I looked in the charity shops as I happened to be in town looking for Vaseline-and in one charity shop I found yet another Titanic movie dvd. I've got several versions, each one is different whether it's a different cover-or with different special features. I hadn't had this one sooo I decided I needed it straight away!

As a bonus I picked up a book called The Starless Sea as I've heard good things about it-and both were only £1.50 together. Bargain! Relaxed️ 

Another special interest for me is dvds and I own soo many it's hard to store them now but when I see a dvd-or a limited edition I become obsessed and have to get it-asap.

Parents
  • As I like to be creative (in an arts and crafts sense) and look upon it as a special interest, it's impossible for me to be creative without buying items.

Whilst I don't have any photos I can share, I have an array of items related to cross-stitch (lots of magazines and stitching supplies), card-making supplies, colouring pens and pencils, ink pads, and various supplies related to diamond painting. Oh, and I also have some jewellery-making supplies too.

Although I've not done any for a while, gardening is another interest. In addition to various gardening implements, I have a collection of propagators, seed trays, etc.

I do have a bit of a thing for collecting dog figurines, soft toy dogs, and also clothing featuring dog images. During the run-up to Christmas, I'm always on the lookout for socks, jumpers and pyjamas featuring dogs.

Back in the days when I did a lot of reading, there were a few authors I liked. If a new book had been published in paperback, I would (of course) have to buy it.

• All the things you love collecting sound so lovely-reading your post reminds me of my nan she used to love dog figurines and her house was full of them- on the table, shelves, her spare bed in the spare attic room lol-she must've had at least a hundred! 

I just had a look at your profile again and just wanted to say-your diamond paintings are gorgeous. Relaxed️ I love the detail you get with those-looks fabulous. Do they take long to do? 

• All the things you love collecting sound so lovely-reading your post reminds me of my nan she used to love dog figurines and her house was full of them- on the table, shelves, her spare bed in the spare attic room lol-she must've had at least a hundred! 

I just had a look at your profile again and just wanted to say-your diamond paintings are gorgeous. Relaxed️ I love the detail you get with those-looks fabulous. Do they take long to do? 

Children
  • Thank you so much!Relaxed

• Whereabouts do you get them from?

I'll message you with the details.

• Stuff like that's-always expensive I've noticed-don't know how much my nan spent but it must've been a lot lol.

You're welcome they look amazing-I'm tempted to give it a try. Whereabouts do you get them from? Blush 

It sounds like a real fun hobby-I bet you get so immersed in it to you don't feel as anxious either. I'm waiting on counselling but in the meantime I might get one and give it a try-A I think it'll be so much fun and-B I feel it'll be really good for my anxiety. 

So sorry for the questions-I'm just really interested.Relaxed

• Regrettably, my collection of dog figurines is small in comparison to your nan's, mainly due to a lack of space, but also because I can't always justify the cost. For something so small, they can be rather expensive, no matter how adorable they may look.

Thank you for the compliment regarding the diamond paintings. Blush

If I'm doing card kits (like the framed mandala featured on my profile), it usually takes me no more than a few hours at most. With the picture kits, it varies depending on the size of the picture, and how many hours in a day I devote to working on them, but I would say about 2 weeks minimum.