Buying items related to your special interests

Does anyone else do this? I buy soo many things to do with my special interests-like Lego I've got so much to do with Lego-I have dvds, books, pictures, sets, cards and mimifigures! And it's the same with my other special interest which is the Titanic! I love everything to do with the Titanic. I've got dvds, books,  models, cds, blueprints and research it whenever I can. I first heard of it at school-about 5 years ago-and I've been obsessed ever since. 

Today I looked in the charity shops as I happened to be in town looking for Vaseline-and in one charity shop I found yet another Titanic movie dvd. I've got several versions, each one is different whether it's a different cover-or with different special features. I hadn't had this one sooo I decided I needed it straight away!

As a bonus I picked up a book called The Starless Sea as I've heard good things about it-and both were only £1.50 together. Bargain! Relaxed️ 

Another special interest for me is dvds and I own soo many it's hard to store them now but when I see a dvd-or a limited edition I become obsessed and have to get it-asap.

Parents
  • Oh - I definitely do this. I have certain things I ‘collect’ and even though it makes me very happy on one level it’s a problem in two ways : 1) I feel guilty about spending the money on things we dont actually NEED - and  2) we live in a small house and we don’t have the space to keep adding more ‘stuff’ - and this drives my husband a bit crazy (although he’s so kind he doesn’t moan at me about it). But I know really that he’d like more space in the house. It even extends to shells and  pebbles that I find on the beach on holidays - they’re just so nice that I like to keep them - but there are quite a lot about dotted about the house! Joy

• Oh - I definitely do this. I have certain things I ‘collect’ and even though it makes me very happy on one level it’s a problem in two ways : 1) I feel guilty about spending the money on things we dont actually NEED - and  2) we live in a small house and we don’t have the space to keep adding more ‘stuff’ - and this drives my husband a bit crazy (although he’s so kind he doesn’t moan at me about it). But I know really that he’d like more space in the house. It even extends to shells and  pebbles that I find on the beach on holidays - they’re just so nice that I like to keep them - but there are quite a lot about dotted about the house! Joy

Children
  • Your husband sounds nice letting you fill the house up with lots of different things lol-if I find a bf one day hopefully he'll be as understanding. Laughing 

I love that you get shells and pebbles-I used to do that with my mum Heart️- do you just collect them or do you paint them as well? My mum and I-painted the shells with different colours and patterns.Your house sounds amazing! Relaxed