Buying items related to your special interests

Does anyone else do this? I buy soo many things to do with my special interests-like Lego I've got so much to do with Lego-I have dvds, books, pictures, sets, cards and mimifigures! And it's the same with my other special interest which is the Titanic! I love everything to do with the Titanic. I've got dvds, books,  models, cds, blueprints and research it whenever I can. I first heard of it at school-about 5 years ago-and I've been obsessed ever since. 

Today I looked in the charity shops as I happened to be in town looking for Vaseline-and in one charity shop I found yet another Titanic movie dvd. I've got several versions, each one is different whether it's a different cover-or with different special features. I hadn't had this one sooo I decided I needed it straight away!

As a bonus I picked up a book called The Starless Sea as I've heard good things about it-and both were only £1.50 together. Bargain! Relaxed️ 

Another special interest for me is dvds and I own soo many it's hard to store them now but when I see a dvd-or a limited edition I become obsessed and have to get it-asap.

Parents
  • Hey there! 

I also buy too many things related to my special interest. In my case, that interest is performance cars. I can relate to that level of obsession whereby, upon seeing anything even remotely related to your interest, you feel completely compelled to get it! 

I particularly enjoy collecting highly detailed 1/64 scale diecast models from a range of manufacturers. And, as a fellow Lego Lover, I pretty much immediately purchase all of the car-related Lego sets as soon as they are released (I have more Lego Speed Champion sets than I know what to do with).

Pictured below are a few of my favourite models from my collection: 

Below is a size comparison between a diecast 1/64 Scale Porsche 911 (964) RSR model, a Lego Speed Champions Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Edition and the absolutely awesome Lego Porsche 911 Turbo set. That big Porsche is a particular favourite of mine as it has a fully modelled interior with adjustable seats, a working steering system, a modelled engine bay and functioning doors, bonnet and trunk! 

I can also really relate to the idea of having very slightly different versions of the same thing, as you have with your many different versions of the Titanic on DVD! For example, I have two nearly identical models of a red Lamborghini Countach sports car, with the only difference between them being that they are based on slightly different variations of the same car. 

I honestly think it is great to be so enthusiastic about an interest! Whether that be Lego, The Titanic or cars! The thing you need to watch out for is the burden it can take on the wallet!

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of Lego sets do you collect? Are you a fan of any one range, or do you collect Lego in general? 

• Hey Cayman-thanks for posting and sharing the pics of your cars they look fab! My dad would like those too-he's a real big car buff. He has a big novel of a ferrari which you'd probably like. Do you have a fav car model? They all look lovely though. 

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of Lego sets do you collect? Are you a fan of any one range, or do you collect Lego in general? 

I love collecting all Lego!!!Relaxed️I own a few different sets my fav is probably the Lego Titanic I bought-it's huge as well-I nearly couldn't fit it in my room! I love it all though especially the minifigures. It's a fun thing to collect.

• Thank you!

You are probably right about your father's Ferrari paraphernalia! As much as I do love Porsches, I have a soft spot for Ferraris!

I would have to say my favourite car model of the collection is the Ferrari Testarossa in Red which I had flown in from Japan, as they aren't sold in this country. It's the car featured in the third picture in my above response. Despite being so small, it has a fully modelled engine bay, rubber wheels, incredibly detailed decals and functioning suspension! I even got this special light-up display case for it!

The Lego Titanic set is truly awesome! I can only imagine how long it must have taken you to build that set as it is truly gigantic! I bet it looks amazingSlight smile. It's interesting to hear you are a big fan of the mini-figures! Do you have any favourites? Personally, I'm a big fan of some of the older Lego Star Wars Clone troopers minifgures!

• It is super difficult to identify any one car as my favourite in real life because I love so many of them! I attend car shows every year and I'm also a junior member of a private Porsche owners club (Despite not technically owning a real Porsche lol) so I often get the opportunity to see these cars up close and even go out on ridealongs! Even then, It's impossible to truly have a preference without actually driving the cars, which I have yet to do! For now, though, I would say some of my favourite cars are: the Porsche 718 Spyder (Pretty much a convertible version of the car shown in my profile picture), the Ferrari 512TR (Effectively a slightly more modern and useable Ferrari Testarossa), the Porsche 911 992.1 GT3 and the Ferrari 488 Spyder! 

The classic minis are super cool (And cute!), and they look great in the Italian Job! I remember one car show I attended, there was a display of a few classic Mini's, with each made to look like the cars from the film! For me, I remember first seeing the Ferrari Testarossa when I was little, playing racing games on my old Xbox 360. It was like no car I'd ever seen and I immediately fell in love with its wedge-shape design and ridiculous side vents!

I also just had to share this photo. I think it is so cool considering the amount of detail that has been achieved with a model so small it comfortably sits in the palm of my hand!

Also, I bet the lights will look great on your Titanic set! I can understand why you may be holding off as I imagine modifying such a large and complex set could require a significant amount of disassembly and reassembly! Still, I'm sure it'll look awesome when it's done Slight smile

• It is super difficult to identify any one car as my favourite in real life because I love so many of them! I attend car shows every year and I'm also a junior member of a private Porsche owners club (Despite not technically owning a real Porsche lol) so I often get the opportunity to see these cars up close and even go out on ridealongs! Even then, It's impossible to truly have a preference without actually driving the cars, which I have yet to do! For now, though, I would say some of my favourite cars are: the Porsche 718 Spyder (Pretty much a convertible version of the car shown in my profile picture), the Ferrari 512TR (Effectively a slightly more modern and useable Ferrari Testarossa), the Porsche 911 992.1 GT3 and the Ferrari 488 Spyder! 

The classic minis are super cool (And cute!), and they look great in the Italian Job! I remember one car show I attended, there was a display of a few classic Mini's, with each made to look like the cars from the film! For me, I remember first seeing the Ferrari Testarossa when I was little, playing racing games on my old Xbox 360. It was like no car I'd ever seen and I immediately fell in love with its wedge-shape design and ridiculous side vents!

I also just had to share this photo. I think it is so cool considering the amount of detail that has been achieved with a model so small it comfortably sits in the palm of my hand!

Also, I bet the lights will look great on your Titanic set! I can understand why you may be holding off as I imagine modifying such a large and complex set could require a significant amount of disassembly and reassembly! Still, I'm sure it'll look awesome when it's done Slight smile

Children
No Data