Buying items related to your special interests

Does anyone else do this? I buy soo many things to do with my special interests-like Lego I've got so much to do with Lego-I have dvds, books, pictures, sets, cards and mimifigures! And it's the same with my other special interest which is the Titanic! I love everything to do with the Titanic. I've got dvds, books,  models, cds, blueprints and research it whenever I can. I first heard of it at school-about 5 years ago-and I've been obsessed ever since. 

Today I looked in the charity shops as I happened to be in town looking for Vaseline-and in one charity shop I found yet another Titanic movie dvd. I've got several versions, each one is different whether it's a different cover-or with different special features. I hadn't had this one sooo I decided I needed it straight away!

As a bonus I picked up a book called The Starless Sea as I've heard good things about it-and both were only £1.50 together. Bargain! Relaxed️ 

Another special interest for me is dvds and I own soo many it's hard to store them now but when I see a dvd-or a limited edition I become obsessed and have to get it-asap.

Parents
  • Hey! I absolutely LOVE the Jellycat Bashful Bunnies, I brought my first one when I was about 17 and realised they come in all sorts of colours and different sizes too. I've posted a photo of the bulk of my collection however I have them scattered around the house (colour coordinated to each room decor) I have around 60 in total now, and I try to limit myself to buying one each month if I can afford it as I can get very fixated and carried away spending all of my money. I get a lot from birthdays and Christmases too as I keep a list of which colours I am yet to get which I share with family. I do have my original one though if I'm ever sleeping away from home it comes with me! She's a very loved, very tatty bunny now though!

• Hello -I love your collection! They look soo cute and soft I really want to get some of those! Just adorableHeart eyes you have a lovely collection-I don't have many soft toys I'd love to get the Ty bears if I could.

• Hi Paige, thank you! I also collect board games - that's where I really struggle to rein it with buying. There are so many I want to get, the benefit of the bunnies is that there are only so many to buy. But board games are endless, there's always a new one to stumble across, or a new edition of Monoploy come out. My partner has told me I can't buy any more until we have a new shelf to store them because our current cupboard is FULL to the brim - but finally, an official Harry Potter Monopoly has just come out in America and I am desperate to buy it!

• Unfortunately there aren't any, I wish there was but I live in a small town and there isn't a lot about.

• Are there any board game groups near you? My DiL goes to one and had to wait ages for a space to become available.

• It sucks not having anybody to play board games with, I do live with my partner and we play sometimes - but a lot of board games are so much better when you have more people to play with! I have been searching for ages for a local board game club, but they're all D&D or Magic the Gathering nights - which I do like, but don't know enough about or have the resources to join - I love a good traditional board game night! There are so many in the cities but I'm in a little town. I went to Disneyworld in Florida a couple of years ago and they had a Disney Parks edition of Game of Life, and Candyland too! I had to pack them so well in my suitcase because I was so scared of the corners getting bashed on the journey home.

• It sucks not having anybody to play board games with, I do live with my partner and we play sometimes - but a lot of board games are so much better when you have more people to play with! I have been searching for ages for a local board game club, but they're all D&D or Magic the Gathering nights - which I do like, but don't know enough about or have the resources to join - I love a good traditional board game night! There are so many in the cities but I'm in a little town. I went to Disneyworld in Florida a couple of years ago and they had a Disney Parks edition of Game of Life, and Candyland too! I had to pack them so well in my suitcase because I was so scared of the corners getting bashed on the journey home.

Children