CBD V Anti Depessants

My daughter has started a low dosage of Setraline.  She is only in the early stages and on a low dose.  She is 15 and is Neurodiverse.  She struggles at school with social interaction and is very unhappy a majority of the time.  We are not entirely comfortable with her taking medication but it’s got to the point where we have to do something to help her start to feel better.  I have been reading about the possible benefits of CBD oil and would like to know if this is an alternative worth considering.  Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Parents
  • In my experience and research, if she is autistic, dyslexic or divergent in ways that are socially disabling, there might be a potential Anti Depressants can be harmful. If she starts experiencing difficulty sleeping and higher anxiety, I would suggest to speak to the GP about taking her off and looking at GABA boosting supplements or diet. I take a nootropics blend with Lion's Mane which I would suggest before anything. But I also have a lot more control over my life and don't have to allow myself to be in situations with toxic behaviour. I can continue to learn at my pace. I've found ways to flourish according to the Self Determination Theory. 

CDB can help if she doesn't have an allergy (apparently 25% of the population will), but it can also lower immune function if taken for too long - however, I would always opt for this over Anti-depressants. Medical sativa has proven to be useful for executive function. I've taken it to aid with administrative tasks in the past. And executive function is needed for social skills so one can prioritise and organise while speaking and attempting to connect with others.

Autism and similar Differences including ADHD and Dyslexia share Monotropism and hyper sensitivity, which appear to be the result of lower GABA, the gut-brain axis, responsible inhibiting overload like a resistor in the human biology and aiding for gut health, regulating sleep, clarity and focus, and a great deal of other functions for well-being. Anti-Depressants all further lower GABA (which can be fine if it's not already too low) while anti anxiety medication will promote it. 

• In my experience and research, if she is autistic, dyslexic or divergent in ways that are socially disabling, there might be a potential Anti Depressants can be harmful. If she starts experiencing difficulty sleeping and higher anxiety, I would suggest to speak to the GP about taking her off and looking at GABA boosting supplements or diet. I take a nootropics blend with Lion's Mane which I would suggest before anything. But I also have a lot more control over my life and don't have to allow myself to be in situations with toxic behaviour. I can continue to learn at my pace. I've found ways to flourish according to the Self Determination Theory. 

CDB can help if she doesn't have an allergy (apparently 25% of the population will), but it can also lower immune function if taken for too long - however, I would always opt for this over Anti-depressants. Medical sativa has proven to be useful for executive function. I've taken it to aid with administrative tasks in the past. And executive function is needed for social skills so one can prioritise and organise while speaking and attempting to connect with others.

Autism and similar Differences including ADHD and Dyslexia share Monotropism and hyper sensitivity, which appear to be the result of lower GABA, the gut-brain axis, responsible inhibiting overload like a resistor in the human biology and aiding for gut health, regulating sleep, clarity and focus, and a great deal of other functions for well-being. Anti-Depressants all further lower GABA (which can be fine if it's not already too low) while anti anxiety medication will promote it. 

Children
  • I think that discussing this as a potential option with the GP after a couple of months may be worth thinking about.  I have been reading up about these supplements and along with magnesium this couBlush be a good alternative.  Thank you I feel like I’ve certainly been given some good alternatives to consider and discuss with her. Blush

• I agree with your perspective entirely because as an individual I have experienced all of what you mention in terms of antidepressant use, diet monitoring and cbd use. I use very few medications because of sensitivity but am always on antihistamines due to severe allergies.  I did think about paying for a private immunologist to combat my allergies but am not sure I could foot the bill at the moment or if it would work....  Are we allowed to discuss what brand of supplement we take as I'd like to know what you are taking with Lion's Mane in it. :-)