Studying a course - life is getting better!

I've spent the last couple of years suffering mentally and feeling like life would never get better. My autism makes me isolated, I'm anxious most of the time and have fought with depression many, many times. 

So, I have made a change as I was tired of waiting and never getting anywhere. 

I started by going out, once a day for five minutes. Slowly but surely my walks have gotten longer and as I got out more I felt less anxious and my confidence grew. Now life has picked up. I'm currently studying, doing this great course on adolescent mental health, something I experienced personally and saw with my sister. I want to use my experience, turn the pain I endured into a power that I can use to help other young people. 

Stress is still an issue, anxiety is still present making my course harder but though it's a challenge I'm persevering and not giving up. After so long I finally feel like my life is going somewhere again. I feel like my sister would be proud of me doing this. 

I just wanted to share this small but good news of my personal journey of life.

• Great I am very happy for you. Autistic success stories always make me smile. Autistic people should be able to succeed in life. I wish all autistic people to be happy if that’s possible. I feel like crying sometimes when I think about all the sad autistic people it really brakes my heart. Never stop being happy! 

• I was just about to log off my PC, whence I type, and this popped in to the forum.

So, just a short delay to say it was really wonderful to read and well done!

and also ... thank you for sharing ..

I feel like my sister would be proud of me doing this. 

I'm sure she would x

Wishing you all the very best with all your endeavours.

Bouquet