Gutted

In the grand scheme of things, the following is a minor gripe and isn't the end of the world for me...

I felt terribly excited earlier when I watched a trailer for a TV adaptation of a Jilly Cooper novel, starring my favourite Doctor Who (David Tennant). The rest of the cast included a whole host of actors I'm familiar with, and I found myself thinking the TV adaptation looked like it would be right up my street. Yay! Thumbsup

However, my excitement was soon replaced with disappointment when I realised the TV adaptation is to be broadcast on Disney+. Even if I was willing to pay for a subscription to Disney+ (which I have no intention of doing), the only way I would be able to access that channel is by upgrading and replacing my existing Virgin Tivo box with a Virgin 360 or Virgin Stream box (which I also have no intention of doing). Boo! Thumbsdown

I am now hoping the TV adaptation will eventually be broadcast on one of the free-to-view channels that I'm able to access. As much as I enjoy watching TV, I feel I have to draw the line somewhere.

Parents
  • I feel your disappointment ... it's really frustrating when you're looking forward to something and then find out later on it's not possible. I had it with a live stream once, I was really looking forward to watching a live stream then realised on the day that I couldn't watch it as there was a subscription and you had to live in the USA. So annoying!

Anyway, my advice would be...

Disney+ often offer a free trial when you sign up, or sometimes when you purchase something online. Have a look around online to see if Disney+ is currently offering a free trial or search where you could get a free trial from. And you can then watch disney+ on your phone or computer... I know it's not the same as on your TV, but it might be a compromise. 

• Thanks for the tip regarding the free trials.

However, I think I'll just wait it out and hope one of the 'free' channels broadcasts the drama within the next few years. Given the choice of watching TV from the comfort of my sofa, versus being sat in a chair I can't stretch out on watching my computer monitor, the sofa and TV win every time. Grin

• Thanks for the tip regarding the free trials.

However, I think I'll just wait it out and hope one of the 'free' channels broadcasts the drama within the next few years. Given the choice of watching TV from the comfort of my sofa, versus being sat in a chair I can't stretch out on watching my computer monitor, the sofa and TV win every time. Grin

Children
No Data