Antipsychotics - experiences

Hello, just wondering how many of you take antipsychotics for autism related stuff?

I take Risperidone and whilst it’s certainly helped, I do feel very tired a lot and feel quite flat. I’m on the maximum dose of mirtazapine to counteract that flat feeling (which hasn’t helped much) I do wonder if it’s worth it half the time, contemplating coming off it or reducing it down to 1mg. On 2mg atm. It’s hard, it’s helped with what it was designed to do but caused other issues else where.

so yeah, just wondering how many others take them and Would care to share their experiences of them? I guess I feel like I’m looking through a glass at the world. 

Parents
  • Not familiar with your pills all I would say is the best person is a psychiatrist GPS are good but a psychiatrist really knows their stuff and will dig deep to see what bespoke pills and therapy can work.The one I work with also says it is like a shoe shop you may have to try a few until you find the perfect fit

• Not familiar with your pills all I would say is the best person is a psychiatrist GPS are good but a psychiatrist really knows their stuff and will dig deep to see what bespoke pills and therapy can work.The one I work with also says it is like a shoe shop you may have to try a few until you find the perfect fit

Children