A confusing conversation

I am hoping that at least some of you will see the funny side of the following and be able to laugh with me, or at least smile knowingly.

On Saturday, I happened to be within earshot of a telephone conversation between my son and my mother (he'd got her on speakerphone). I heard her telling him that she had used the JustEat app to place an order for some groceries from Sainsbury's, but that before she had managed to complete the order, she had urgently needed to visit the bathroom. My mother then says that she was amazed at how quickly it was delivered. After a brief exchange of puzzled glances, my son and I quickly realised that my mother was referring to the speed of the JustEat delivery, and (thankfully) not to her bathroom activity.

Conversations with my mother can often seem confusing and utterly bizarre. I just hope that if I live long enough to be the age that my mother is, I don't end up causing my son as much confusion as my mother causes us. 

Parents
  • That was funny! Joy

And also this thing happens to me all the time and has turned into a fear: people somehow always knock on my door when I'm in the bathroom and sometimes I can't use it without being super anxious! 

• That was funny! Joy

And also this thing happens to me all the time and has turned into a fear: people somehow always knock on my door when I'm in the bathroom and sometimes I can't use it without being super anxious! 

Children