Possible Scam - Calls from 07458 122813

Just received a call from 07458 122813.

I never answer calls from numbers I don't recognise, so I rejected the call and searched it online.

On who-called.co.uk/.../07458122813 there are several reports that the caller is claiming to be from the National Autistic Society soliciting donations or Gift Aid details. A user reports: 'Very troubling. Was convinced until background noise got in way.'

The above user's comment suggests that they are autistic, as am I.

It's worrying that we should be receiving this call as autistic people. I just happen to have expertise in infosec and scam-spotting. It may be a coincidence, or it may be that our details have been leaked. I'm not going to make guesses or accusations at this point - I'm just putting this out there for information. Please spread it around. There are many autistic people out there who are very vulnerable to this kind of thing.

Parents
  • Just as well I don't have a mobile phone, let alone a smart phone and the house phone tends to go straight to answerphone. I'm pretty good at spotting scammers and have led them along for ages by pretending to be gullable. I did once tell a genuine caller from paypal that I thought he was a scammer and that I wasn't going to comply with him, because he asked me to divulge details of someone I shared a house with who was the account holder. He asked me to do all the things that banks tell you not to do and was shocked and angry when I refused.

• Just as well I don't have a mobile phone, let alone a smart phone and the house phone tends to go straight to answerphone. I'm pretty good at spotting scammers and have led them along for ages by pretending to be gullable. I did once tell a genuine caller from paypal that I thought he was a scammer and that I wasn't going to comply with him, because he asked me to divulge details of someone I shared a house with who was the account holder. He asked me to do all the things that banks tell you not to do and was shocked and angry when I refused.

Children
No Data