Public transport

What do people here think about public transport?

Public transport means potentially dealing with unfamiliar people, and this can be challenging (and quite funny). I've just posted a very short video on my Autistic Not Alien YouTube channel about a weird train trip I had. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0U272nfNYE  

(Hoping that the moderators don't class this as spam, as I've just seen that someone has posted a link to a Neurocuriosity YouTube video on another thread.)

Parents
  • Easier said than done , but I always use Ubers it helps me so much as i'm only having to deal with one person rather than lots of them also I find it so much more comfy and convinient when needing to get somewhere that would normally take me ages to plan out and put things into consideration which drains me so much.

• I feel sick as soon as the car door opens. This is the smell of petrol and everything mixed plus smell of the seat and antifreeze liquid for the windscreen and they often have some kind of perfume in the car. I literally feel sick I can’t bear it. It happens very rarely that I travel with a car. There are also smells in bus especially if it’s crowded and it’s hot and no AC. But how I deal with public transport traveling - I always take a seat that has no opposite seat (like for four persons together) - I avoid it. To not see anyone’s face in front of me. I also look to take a seat next to the window so I can watch the world outside instead of watching others in the vehicle. I use earplugs to not hear all the noise around plus noise of the engine and trembling glass or other parts inside. If it’s a longer trip, book or mobile games such as sudoku or Tetris are also helpful. 

• When we see the train networks in other parts of Europe alone, let alone further afield, one really does wonder why the U.K. trains are so bad, long after privatisation, as even the trains in Eastern Europe are better than the U.K. - the fact that there is no first class rail services and very few direct trains across the North of England and North Wales is a total disgrace 

• The money was spent on the Iraq War. 

Long, and short, of it. 

Reply Children
No Data