Driving instructors

Hi, my 22 year old son is wanting to learn to drive. Is there anywhere I can find autism friendly driving instructors, we live in Coventry. 

I had a look at the autism directory on here but there was only 1 near us and his page didn't work. 

Thanks Liz 

Parents
  • It's probably best to talk to a few on the phone and see how interested and understanding they sound, many people have different instructors before they pass their tests, I had 4. One just went through the motions everyweek and I didn't feel like I was learning anything, so I stopped going to him, another was a wannabe counsellor and kept saying to me that it was alright to cry, and wanted me to do things I wasn't ready for, I stopped the lesson with him half way through and insisted he drive me home, I thought him abusive, the guy I passed with listened and came up with things to make me feel comfortable and help me learn. Just because you pick an instructor dosen't mean you have to stick with them if you don't get on with them, interview them, you will paying them a large amount of money, make sure you get what you're paying for.

• It's probably best to talk to a few on the phone and see how interested and understanding they sound, many people have different instructors before they pass their tests, I had 4. One just went through the motions everyweek and I didn't feel like I was learning anything, so I stopped going to him, another was a wannabe counsellor and kept saying to me that it was alright to cry, and wanted me to do things I wasn't ready for, I stopped the lesson with him half way through and insisted he drive me home, I thought him abusive, the guy I passed with listened and came up with things to make me feel comfortable and help me learn. Just because you pick an instructor dosen't mean you have to stick with them if you don't get on with them, interview them, you will paying them a large amount of money, make sure you get what you're paying for.

Children
No Data