Getting Assessed

I am trying to speed up the diagnosis for my adult 23-year-old son. It has taken 10 years to get to the point where he agreed to be assessed. We were only referred to Autism services in Bristol a couple of months ago and the current waiting list is over 2 years for appointments.   Does anyone know where I can find details of professionals, I can pay which are acceptable? He is about to become embroiled in the judicial system and we just don't have 2 years to wait.  I spoke to BASS in Bristol and they were unable to recommend anyone as they are part of the NHS.  Thanks

Parents
  • Hi, the only thing I can suggest is “Right to Choose” you can choose a private provider and the NHS fund it, the waiting list in most areas is much shorter. The only other option is an approved private provider but obviously you will have to pay.

• Hi, the only thing I can suggest is “Right to Choose” you can choose a private provider and the NHS fund it, the waiting list in most areas is much shorter. The only other option is an approved private provider but obviously you will have to pay.

Children