This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What is this "White Supremacy" I keep hearing about?

This term gets bandied about quite a lot these days, and it seems to mean different things to different people.

So what is it?

Is it real, or just a psychological tool being used to marginalise and confuse white people in their own country as some alledge?

I'm white, and I can tell you people quite sincerely I don't feel "supreme" in any way. 

I will admit I did fake it once, when I got stranded in Dharan International Airport, and the only viable solution to my serious problem not of my making, was to make it someone else's problem... 

Seriously, All I needed to do was strike a folded arms pose in the empty concourse, wear a stern expression and tap my foot pointedly for about ten minutes and a guy ran up to help me!

I tried to act like a traveller in a 1950's film and it worked like gangbusters.

I didn't actually SAY "now look here, my man" but I did rather complain, and ask for a representatvie of British Airways to be summoned, on the basis that it was B.A. who had stranded me at midnight, in Dharan, at the start of one their bigger religious bank holidays whilst I am supposed to have been delivered to Rhyad!

The B.A. representative (who'd clearly been woken up!) got me a connecting fllght and a trip to a hotel for a wash and a nap before being returned to find that my connecting flight was cancelled.... Literally a melee broke out amongst my fellow travellers and in amongst the shouting I heard someone say the magic word "Taxi"... 

Still playing the part of a 1950's english traveller I grabbed the nearest two shouting people and said "You need to go to Rhyad, I need to go to Rhyad, CAN WE GET A TAXI??" 

Long story short, 450 kilcks to Rhyad in a monstrously large cheverolet after haggling (The others were going pay the asked rate, I lived in Brimingham at the time amongst middle eastern people, so I haggled, didn't know any better) cost me 40$ U.S....

I blame all those 1950's films. I really do. T.V. and FIlm is literally "programming". Good thing the people at the airprort must have watched some of the same films I did...  

I was so out of my depth. Outside Rhyad international airprot where my taxi had dropped me, (as I did not actually HAVE a final destination, the company was supposed to have picked me up at the airport some 8 hours previously, and none of the mobile numbers given were working fro me, so once I was in place at the airprort I had to get my O/H back in the U.K. to let em know I needed picking up). A sheikh looking dude was beating a smaller man with the obviously heavy and substantial black headband of his headgear...

In Dharan I'd got used to people stopping and literally falling to the fall and praying on the hour every hour.

And I'd learned that people will do a LOT for a few dollars U$ (me included).just like over here..

When chaos erupted around me as the flights were cancelled, and people were shouting at each other, my instinct was to organise a co-operative solution of like minded people with the same objective in order to achieve my own goal.

Is that "white supremacy"?

I don't know, I was too busy trying to get to my destination and adapt to the unfamiliar environment in whch I found myself, and solve the real problems I encountered, to be worried about the colour of my co-travellers. 

Seriously, what is this white supremacy they keep talking about? Is it a nickname for cocaine perhaps?

And where can I get some? ;c)

Parents
  • The psychological abuse in this topic is actually quite revolting. It’s sad that a lot of people in here don’t see that’s what they are doing. People have every right to feel as they do about a subject without being cast as discriminatory or gullible, etc. people can disagree with the whole idea that all discrimination stems from white supremacy, doesn’t make anyone correct on that matter, especially if they think saying something and trying to explain it makes someone discriminatory or racist towards white people, that’s on them for their ignorance on the fact that white supremacy is an ideology and has nothing to do with being racist towards white people at all. Doesn’t even erase the fact that there are people who believe in white supremacy. A lot of people’s dismissiveness on the subject is actually very similar to what happened with the rise of Nazism in Germany because the biggest contributing factor to their rise was ignoring its existence. Anyone ever see the saying “Silence is complicit.” tied to the Holocaust? because I have and as the old saying goes “Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” well, if people want to ignore the fact that white supremacy does exist, that’s fine, then history is doomed to repeat itself. You’re choice if you want to doom every minority group out there, including all of us who are Autistic, because people with physical and mental disabilities where also murdered because they didn’t fit the white supremacist agenda of Nazism, hello, Asperger’s syndrome was named after a guy who helped the N*zis and spared specific Autistic people that fit their agenda, LGBTQ+ also didn’t fit the white supremacist N*zi agenda, that’s where the pink triangle that use to be associated with the LGBTQ+ community originated from before being changed to the pride flag. But hey, what do I know? Hitler’s goal was white supremacy and anyone who didn’t fit it from Jews to LGBTQ+ to people with mental or physical disorders had to go. I have no doubt had he been able to succeeded in his conquest he’d have gone after BIPOC too, it would have been only a matter of time because they didn’t fit his ideology either. Only white straight cis gender people fit the ideology of Nazism, making them white supremacists, but again, wtf do I know right?

• Stating to treat everyone equally and not to discriminate, and not to judge people based on the color of their skin, is somehow deemed psychologically abusive. 

People know that n*zi is wrong and white supremacy is wrong. "Only white straight cis gender people fit the ideology of n*zism, making them white supremacists." That's not correct. The color of their skin, their biological sex, their sexual orientation, has no bearing on whether they're white supremacists, even if they'd fit the profile of being one. That's just making false judgments of people because they fit a certain profile. 

But anyways, someone should drop this. 

• People know that n*zi is wrong and white supremacy is wrong. "Only white straight cis gender people fit the ideology of n*zism, making them white supremacists." That's not correct. The color of their skin, their biological sex, their sexual orientation, has no bearing on whether they're white supremacists, even if they'd fit the profile of being one. That's just making false judgments of people because they fit a certain profile. 

Um, yeah they were. The N*zis consider anyone who wasn’t white to be subhumans only fit for slave labor and extermination, in other words, the N*zis were white supremacists. Am I the only person on Earth who fully researched all this and read up on the despicable and disgusting things the N*zis did to pretty much every minority group?

• Anyways, sorry about how your father treated you and your brother, that's not right. I've also grown up with domestic violence, so I hope you can recover from your trauma some day. 

And I was not trying to say you were r*cist, or trying to do anything that negatively impacts your mental health. I was just trying to clear the confusion I had with your statements, maybe due to my autism, and I just want everyone to be respected. 

But anyways, thanks for your time. 

• Well, as long as you're not applying that to the white cis straight people of today, then that's fine. 

Reply Children
No Data