Argh, clothes shopping

Looking through my wardrobe the other day, I realised most of my warmer weather clothes are falling apart and worn out. So I need to start the dreaded process of getting new ones, I hate clothes shopping, it's such a depressing experience, I rarely find anything that fits, what is it with sizing these days and who really has arms like broomsticks? I rarely find anything long enough in the body with many tops ending just below my boobs and leaving me not only feeling a bit chilly, but like a walking offence against public decency. I hate the nasty fabrics, and they all seem so poorly made. I've looked offline, online in charity shops even at ethical clothing stores because they usually have nicer fabrics, but I'm too big to be ecological, too tall and big generally, it seems you have to be child size to be either ethical or ecological. Vile, eye popping migraine inducing colours and patterns seem popular too.

I can't use a sewing machine either because they hate me and a good choice of fabrics is getting harder to find too, help! Please tell me I'm not the only one who wonder if she'll be stuck indoors because of not having any clothes to wear.

Parents
  • For me, shoe shopping is even worse than clothes shopping. Why does everything have to be done through the shop assistants?

• Shoe shopping is a nightmare too, shops rarely have my size or the colour I want, I'm fed up with assistants coming out of the stock room saying they've haven't my size but would I like to try one 2 or 3 sizes smaller, I mean WTF? I buy my shoes from Moshulu or Hotter now they can both be ordered online, they do mens shoes too, i've found them both to be well made and reliable

• I have wide feet with remarkably high arches, finding comfortable shoes is a nightmare. There is a range of Australian shoes that M&S stocks, 'Airflex', that are better than most for me.

• I had some insole made for me by a biometric podiatrist, they were the most uncomfortable things I'd ever worn, I was told to stick with them as it took a while to get used to them. I stuck with them for about a week and then threw them away as I could barely hobble about at all and I'd never had such pain in my feet.

• I had some insole made for me by a biometric podiatrist, they were the most uncomfortable things I'd ever worn, I was told to stick with them as it took a while to get used to them. I stuck with them for about a week and then threw them away as I could barely hobble about at all and I'd never had such pain in my feet.

Children
No Data