Support Needed for Mum

Hi chums,

I hate to be a bother, but I’m at the end of my tether and could be doing with some well needed, well sought after support for mum!

I’m severely autistic, with additional ADHD, PTSD, Cerebral Palsy, Depression and Complex PTSD, which includes Childhood Trauma, trauma by domestic abuse and societal issues among other things.

Mum has short term memory loss through hydrocephalus, which recently, not to be horrible, but has been risking my safety, when she has been tending to have a dim recollection understanding my traits and triggers, even when I’ve attempted going out, which I’ve been feeling the necessary input of having a form of carer support for her?

I’m based in Edinburgh, after being banished from where she lives in Weymouth, from suffering from a bit of ableist bigotry and prejudice from major council and MH services down there, but think she could benefit from some support down there as well as when she comes to visit?

It’s my birthday on Thursday, and as a treat (though I’m dreading every single day leading up to it!) she’s bringing me to London to visit 2 stores I’ve been wanting to see, we were initially hoping to attend ABBA Voyage, but as capitalist and bigoted the sales staff were in handling our booking it put me right off (not forgetting defunding the “sensory”/quiet room)

Parents
  • but as capitalist and bigoted the sales staff were in handling our booking it put me right off (not forgetting defunding the “sensory”/quiet room)

With your range of issues, do you think a concert is a wise idea? I know Abba are pretty tame as concerts go, but it is still a crowded space with loud music and lots of sensory load from lights etc.

Can you explain why you consider the staff to be capitalist and bigoted please? I haven't heard these terms in common use for this context before.

Can you also explain the sensory room situation please? Are you defunding it or are they? Why have a quiet room for a concert? I seems a bit of a paradox.

I'm genuinely curious by your points here.

• but as capitalist and bigoted the sales staff were in handling our booking it put me right off (not forgetting defunding the “sensory”/quiet room)

With your range of issues, do you think a concert is a wise idea? I know Abba are pretty tame as concerts go, but it is still a crowded space with loud music and lots of sensory load from lights etc.

Can you explain why you consider the staff to be capitalist and bigoted please? I haven't heard these terms in common use for this context before.

Can you also explain the sensory room situation please? Are you defunding it or are they? Why have a quiet room for a concert? I seems a bit of a paradox.

I'm genuinely curious by your points here.

Children
No Data